Expectations

Prae's POV

I am standing outside of the Arts Faculty, waiting for P'Faai to come out. Pulling out my phone, I check the time and groan. Why did I show up thirty minutes early? It is going to make me look desperate. Maybe I should go and get something to drink and come back. I start to walk off and stop when I see P'Boon grinning at me. Why is he here?

"I am here because I am picking up Mai," P'Boon answers as he walks over to me.

"Did I say that out loud?" I gasp, embarrassed.

"No," P'Boon chuckles, "But it was written all over your face. 'Why the hell is he here?'" He smiles down at me, "You here to pick up my sis?"

"Yeah," I admit, "For that stupid project you came up with the other day. I can't believe I let you set me up."

"I can only deliver so many drinks, nong," P'Boon leans against the wall, "My sister was spinning her wheels sending me, and you were doing nothing either."

"I am not supposed to know she likes me. Remember?" I point out. "It is sort of hard to do something when I am supposed to be in the dark."

"Guess you are right," P'Boon laughs, "But you were the one who came to Arts faculty to stalk her." I will never live that failed spy mission down.

"I wasn't stalking," I snap, "I was just coming to see her."

"Were you going to talk to her, or were you just going to watch her from afar," P'Boon wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"I hate you," I hiss. "Of course, I was just going to watch her. I am not supposed to know!" I glare at P'Boon, who is laughing himself silly. "Are you done yet?"

"Sorry, nong," P'Boon sputters in between laughing. "It is just the first time I have seen my little sister, so gone over someone. I was beginning to worry she wouldn't find anyone. And I have to admit you not only meet my expectations but exceed them when it comes to someone I would want for my sister."

The most shocking thing about this, besides finding out she liked me, is the fact that P'Boon is ok with his sister wanting to date a girl. I know he is friends with P'Dear and is okay with him dating P'Win and all of my friends dating their seniors, but being ok with a friend dating the same sex is different from a family member. I should know. I have a sister that hasn't spoken to me since I came out. My parents are okay with me liking girls, but my sister still looks at me like I am a freak. I miss her.

"Why are you not upset she likes a girl?" I blurt. What the hell, Prae? You don't ask stuff like this!

"Because it makes her happy," P'Boon answers nonplussed. "I was shocked when I found out Faai liked girls, but she is still my sister. And wouldn't I be an ass if I was ok with my best friend dating a guy but not if my sister dated a girl?" He shrugs, "I am the big brother. I am supposed to make sure she is happy. That's my job, nong."

"You are a nice guy," I smile at my senior.

"Awww," P'Boon pinches my cheeks, "I feel all gooey inside." I giggle and push him away.

"You know Faai is going to come out soon," A voice behind us says, and we both turn to find P'Mai smirking at us, "How do you think she will feel when she finds her big brother with his hands all over the girl she likes?"

I instinctively step away from P'Boon, "We weren't doing anything." This is her boyfriend, after all. She could be just as mad at what she just witnessed.

"I am not mad, N'Prae," Mai walks over and slaps her boyfriend's shoulder, "He was probably teasing you if I know him."

"Aww," P'Boon pouts, "I am hurt that you think I would do that." P'Mai and I both crack up. When we stop laughing, P'Mai looks at me.