Whole

Tew's POV

I am sitting here watching my video call to P'Knott go unanswered. He told me to call him. Why isn't he answering? I click on the red hang-up icon with a growl. Just as I go to stand up, a call comes in, and I see it is P'Knott. I stamp down my mood as I run my hand over my face. Smile, Tew, even you can't answer every call right away.

"Hey," P'Knott smiles at me when I answer, "Sorry about that. I was trying to call Ai'Tee." I nod, and he continues, "He is with Ai'Ice in Chang Mai." I never asked how P'Knott knew P'Tee, but I know they have known each other before university.

"Ice?" I question, "Who is that?"

"He is in my year," P'Knott says, picking up his laptop and walking. "Ai'Ice is a pretty good guy, but I think something is going on with him this year." I see that P'Knott has moved to his bed and is getting comfortable. I decide to do the same and grab my laptop.

"Why do you say that?" I ask, leaning back against my headboard as I balance my device in my lap.

"Well," P'Knott sighs, scratching the back of his head, "He called Ai'Tutah toot one day after class."

"He what?" I say, shocked. I know P'Knott and his friends all do, but they are P'Tutah's closest friends. "That was rude of him. Is he a homophobe?"

"No," P'Knott answers, "He was sorry about it, and to be honest when it happened, Ai'Ice looked troubled."

"He wasn't involved in the P'Dean thing, was he?" I inquire, "Did he transfer in?"

"You know," P'Knott pauses, "I can't remember. That is weird. I know he was there in our second year, but I can't remember him at all from my first year."

"P'," I smile, "I can't remember everyone in my year. There were a lot of people." P'Knott quirks an eyebrow at this. "And if you are going to ask how many, you are the wrong hazer, and I am the wrong first year." He laughs since we know exactly who those two would be.

"I will ask the other guys," P'Knott tells me. "One of them will know."

"So why is P'Tee with P'Ice?" I shift the laptop to my bed as I roll over, propping my head on my hand.

"Ai'Ice was attacked," P'Knott says, changing positions just like I did. "Which is troubling, considering this is the second time for that to happen."

"Second time?" I ask, confused. "When was the first?"

"That time, P'Win was hospitalized," P'Knott answers.

"When P'Win was hospitalized?" I repeat, "You never really explained what happened. We just knew he got beat up outside a bar, but you never mentioned this Ice person."

"Didn't I tell..." He trails off when I start to shake my head.

"Is it something you can't tell?" I ask.

"Sorry," P'Knott sighs, "I thought I mentioned it."

"Waiting," I puff out my bottom lip just to tease him.

"OK, you know it was the night P'Dear and P'Boon were celebrating the end of their internship with classmates, and P'Win dropped P'Dear off and went off with his friends somewhere else," P'Knott begins. I nod.

"Well," P'Knott continues, "Ai'Ice was at the same bar as P'Win, and his friends were drinking." I hum to show I am following. "P'An..."

"Who is P'An?" I interrupt.

"He is a year mate of P'Win's," P'Knott frowns, "And a horrible drunk."

"Okay," I drawl, still unable to see where this is going. "And this P'An attacked P'Ice, or did he hospitalize P'Win?"