His Past Or His Present

Jett's POV

Walking up to P'Win's door, I can hear P'Tutah's voice.

"You were the person who kissed a guy?" My boyfriend asks. I guess the person involved with the altercation that landed P'Win in the hospital has come to see P'Win.

"It was Ai'An," P'Win answers, "I will make him apologize to him, N'Tutah."

"That freak again?" P'Tutah laughs as I open the door, "I am sorry, Ai'Ice. That guy should come with a warning label when he is drunk. He kisses everyone. Nobody is safe." If P'Tutah knows this, that means he has also been kissed.

"Nobody?" I growl as I walk in. I clench my teeth to keep from saying more. Walking over to P'Win's mom, I hand her the food I was sent to get.

"This is for you and your son. Please enjoy," I tell her and look over at P'Win. "I hope you recover soon, P'Win." Looking at P'Dear and I assume P'Ice, I give them a wai, "P'Dear. P'Ice." Finally, I turn towards my boyfriend and wai, "P'Tutah." Before I can say anything more, I walk out of the door.

Going down the hall, I am trying to get my emotions in check. I don't know why I am so unreasonably jealous when it comes to P'Tutah. Everyone will tell me that I don't have anything to worry about, but I can't help it. What if he decides I am too young or too...too... I don't know. Staring blankly at the elevator doors, I wait for them to open. When they do, I step inside.

"Jett!" P'Tutah calls from the end of the hall. Turning, I repeatedly jab the close door button and watch as they do just that on my boyfriend's shocked face. I can't believe I did that.

"What are you doing, nong?" A voice behind me asks. Looking back, I find P'Bright leaning against the back wall with his arms crossed. Oh, fvcking hell. What now?

"Going down," I decide to say.

"I can see that," P'Bright tells me, "What I want to know is why you closed the door in your boyfriend's face?" He straightens up. "You know if you hurt him, I will have to hurt you."

"I know," I sigh. What P'Bright says is entirely reasonable for a friend to say, but I want to whine who would hurt someone for me.

"Explain," P'Bright pokes my head. "Now." The doors open, and I walk out, ignoring P'Bright. If I am going to die, I should make it a spectacular reason.

Bright's POV

Tutah told me he and N'Jett would be visiting P'Win about now, and since I am currently in the doghouse with Kammon, I am joining him as a distraction. I hate when the past me comes and bites me in the ass. It is not like I can control it. I have been a flirt for years. It is like breathing.

Flashback:

"Hello, P'Bright," A girl giggles when I walk into the stall I am meeting Kammon at for lunch. I smile as I check my phone.

Kam❤️Kam: running late

❤️Bright❤️: kk 😘😘

Kam❤️Kam: ❤️️❤️️

Glancing up from my phone, I look for a table.

"Come sit with us," The girl that giggled a greeting tells me. "Please." I am trying to place her name when I shrug.

"How are you?" I ask, deciding to stand rather than to sit. N'Min. The name pops into place. N'Min from the IC Faculty. "N'Min," I add since I now remember her.

She reaches out and touches my arm, "I can't believe you remember me. We only dated for two weeks at the beginning of last year."

"How could I forget someone like you," I smile, "Those two weeks were magical."