Untethered

Kammon's POV

The second we walked out of the door, P'Third put a pillowcase over my head and zip-tied my hands behind my back. I listened hard to hear if there was anyone else around. What the hell? Where are all my father's suck-ups when I needed them? I listened to the car door open right before he shoved me inside. He did all of this without saying another word. Every time I moved, the zip-ties bit into my wrists, and I could slowly feel my fingers going numb.

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded over and over, "There is no way you will get away with this!" All he did was chuckle. "Answer me!"

When the sound of gravel had stopped, I knew we were no longer at my house. I felt like a string that tied me to P'Bright snapped. I have no tracker or phone. I was feeling untethered, floating. I will have just disappeared.

The car comes to a stop, and P'Third cuts the engine off

The car comes to a stop, and P'Third cuts the engine off. Where has he taken me?

"Get up," P'Third demands. I lost track of the turns and stops while we were driving. Grabbing my arm, he pulls me out, and I hiss as my hands begin to tingle.

"The damn zip-tie is too tight," I growl, and I can hear him snort. Asshole. I can't see where we are, but I once again listen for any clue. Is that running water? Are we out of the city? He opens another door and shoves me inside. Why are we changing vehicles?

"You are late," A familiar voice snaps. "Give me the keys. I have to leave." Who is it? Why is the voice familiar? P'Third doesn't say anything, but I soon hear the other car drive away. That person didn't say anything about me. Did they know what was going on, or did they not see me?

The driver's side door opens, and P'Third gets in and starts the vehicle.

"Where are you taking me?" I demand once more, knowing he will not tell me.

"Don't worry," He laughs, "I have prepared something special for you." Something special? Memories of Room 404 flash making my blood run cold.

Maprang's POV

Mom and I are watching Uncle Mos pace in front of us. He has stopped several times, turning to us as if he wants to ask a question, but in the end, he just growls and goes back to pacing. This is not helping. Kammon is missing, and he is focusing on P'Bright being Kammon's boyfriend.

"Mos, this is not helpful," My mom sighs, standing up. "Your phone has been ringing. Shouldn't you answer it?" She looks down at me, "Come on, 'Prang. We need to get ready for guests." I nod and start to follow her.

"Winee," Uncle Mos calls, and my mom turns back to him, "That is why you told me I would have to accept him for who he is. You knew he was dating a guy."

"Yes, Mos," Mom shrugs, "I knew. I met him when I went and talked to 'Prang at the beach." Uncle Mos looks at me.

"Kammon loves him," I tell my uncle, "And P'Bright loves Kammon." Chewing my bottom lip, I wonder how much I should say to him.