Because

Aim's POV

"What do you mean I can't go home?" Kammon asks.

"Just that," P'Bright says. We all watch as Kammon and P'Bright stare at each other. I don't know about Kammon, but I believe P'Bright will never take his eyes off his boyfriend again.

"Why not!" Kammon demands, turning away from P'Bright. I notice a ghost of a smile show on P'Bright's face. He is so gone over Kammon.

"Because," P'Bright answers, making Kammon sputter.

After Kammon was rescued, most of us joined them at a cafe. Maprang was livid when her mom wouldn't let her come since she was needed to help prepare the meal for us tonight. Since we are hiding the fact that we have Kammon back, she couldn't find a way out of it and had to stay to help her mom and Kammon's. Wad and Jett also stayed back. I feel bad for Kammon's mom, who has been amazingly calm considering she came home to find her son kidnapped.

"Ai'Kam" N'Kongpop tries to diffuse things. "We need to see what this person will do now that you are gone." Kammon plays angrily with his straw.

"Think about it, Kammon," I start, and he glares over at me. I go on unperturbed. "That guy is going to show up and find you gone. He is going to expect you to go back home." I tap the table, "We need to find out who he is and how he can pretend to be P'Third and use his car as if it is his own."

"If I can't go home," Kammon asks, "Where am I going to go?"

"You are going to go stay with Ai'Bright's family and my mom," P'Tutah fills him in on our plan.

"Y-your family?" Kammon stammers.

Now that I think of it, Kammon hasn't met his boyfriend's family yet. And it is one thing to meet his parents, but he could also meet P'Bright's uncle if he is still here.

"I think you left out one person," P'Arthit grumbles, and all of us can't help but smile. "Don't you think he should be warned about Aunty Din?" N'Kongpop nods in agreement. He is still traumatized by his one encounter with the crazy aunt of P'Tutah's.

"Mom sent her home with dad," P'Tutah informs us. "She was about to get them kicked out of the hotel."

"What kind of aunt do you have?" Kammon asks.

"A crazy one," P'Bright answers, "So will you stay with them?" He adds, getting back to the original reason we are all crammed into this tiny cafe.

"Fine," Kammon huffs, "But can we at least tell my mom I am safe?"

"No," All of us answer.

"Why not?!?" Kammon shouts.

"Because," P'Bright tells him once again.

"You do realize that is not an effing answer!" Kammon snaps. "I hate it when people say because!" He scowls at P'Bright, "Especially you. You are smarter than that!"

"Kammon," P'Bright says calmly, "We need to catch this guy, and the best way is to keep you hidden. It is going to make him slip up." He takes Kammon's hand, "We were focused on finding you. Now we are going to hunt this guy down and make him pay for what he did."

"You do realize," Kammon looks up at P'Bright, "He will destroy any evidence at that place. How are you going to tie him to it?"

"That is where my family comes in," Tee, who has been sitting quietly, puts in. "I asked my dad to call in a favor here."

"A favor?" Kammon repeats, "What kind of favor?"

"The place is being processed as we speak," Tee answers.