See In Him

Tutah's POV

I open the door to Jett's room quietly, hoping to surprise him. After we rescued our boyfriends from the name tag siege, I sent Jett home when I had to attend my intern meeting. I stop and watch as my boyfriend shoves something into a trash bag, mumbling to himself.

"What the fvck does that freak think this will do?" Jett mutters, "Like I would break up with Tutah! Not good enough for me? Who does he think he is to judge Tutah!?! He doesn't know who deserves who! I am the one lacking!"

I feel like someone has punched me in the gut. That jerk must have plastered my boyfriend's door in the same way and told him to break up with me. Jett growls, closing the bag, and turns. He freezes when he sees me and looks down at the bag and back up at me.

"How long?" Jett asks hesitantly.

"Long enough," I sigh and walk over to him, holding out my hand.

"You don't want to see it, P'," Jett pulls the bag behind his back.

"Are you going to make me ask twice?" I look at him, raising an eyebrow. After a moment, he hands me the bag.

Walking over to the bed, I untie it and dump it on his bed. My breath catches when I see pictures of Jett and me with my face scratched out. I never asked the others what this jerk did. I wonder if they had pictures with their face erased.

"I said you don't need to see this, Tutah," Jett says quietly behind me. I turn back to him. He has his head down. I take a finger and raise it so I can look into Jett's eyes.

"What did you mean you are lacking? I ask, remembering his rant from earlier.

"People don't know what a wonderful person you are, and I am just a clueless..." Jett begins, and I place a hand over his mouth when he starts to tear himself down.

"And you don't know what a wonderful person you are," I state firmly. "I know when people look at us, they see a hot guy and well... me."

"Stop," Jett growls.

"No," I shake my head, "I accept what I look like. And I know you do too." I smile when I see a glimmer of one from him.

"I love you," Jett mumbles, "You're as fabulous as you tell everyone." He places a hand over my heart, "Your heart is what I love the most."

I glance back at the bed, reading the notes that are strewn amongst the pictures. Every word hits every chink in the armor I have built up over my life to deal with my insecurities. I can feel it begin to crack. Jett steps up behind me and wraps his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What do you see in him?" Jett reads next to my ear. I press my lips together to keep them from trembling.

"I see a man who loves everyone," Jett begins, "I see a man whose smile lights my entire day. I see a man who loves his friends." He turns me to look at him, "I see a man who accepts me, his friends, or anyone who needs love. Someone who does anything for a person in need. " He leans in and presses his lips against my forehead, "I see a man I love more than I ever thought I could ever love someone."

"This really is just garbage," I sigh, turning back to the bed, picking the piece of paper.

"That is why I was throwing it away," Jett tells me, taking back the bag and the piece of paper. He gives me a quick kiss before he begins to gather the rest of it.

"Were you going to tell me?" I ask, setting my backpack down on the floor. I noticed he paused when I asked.

"No," Jett admits glancing at me. "I was not going to tell you. It doesn't matter if this freak does this until the world ends. It won't change anything between you and me." He sighs heavily before he adds, "Remember when you asked if I would visit you in jail before the festival last year?" I can't help but smile at that memory.