Wrong With Me

Ice's POV

I chuckle as Tee closes the door to the bathroom and smile when I hear his mom.

"Son, are you coming down with a fever? You are flushed. That is why I told you not to sleep at the hospital. I knew you would catch a cold," Tee's mom snaps. Son? When was the last time I was called that by my parents, or they cared? I don't hear Tee's reply, but he must have responded since the next thing I hear is from his mom.

"If you say so. Dinner will be ready in about a half-hour," His mom says, walking away from the sound of it. I am suddenly conscious that I am eavesdropping and reach into the shower to turn it on, drowning out Tee's answer.

Leaning against the wall, I close my eyes, replaying our earlier conversation. What are you thinking, Ice? That was called flirting, you idiot. Just because Tee is friends with Knott and his group doesn't mean Tee likes guys. Hell! You're not even sure if you like guys! What the hell is wrong with me?

Maybe I should have taken Tutah up on his offer to talk that day that I rudely called him a Toot. I had a second chance when Tutah's friend P'Win came to my rescue that night at the bar. And now, I am here. A friend of Tutah's has once again saved me. Everything from this year seems to circle back to my classmates.

When I hear a door down the hall close, it reminds me that I was supposed to be showering. Just that thought makes me itch. Looking in the mirror, I can still see some blood in my hair. The split in my lip still stings, and the one above my eye is going to hurt when I get soap in it. I turn my head to the side to take in the colors of the bruise. It is pretty dark. I wonder how long it will take to fade?

I growl, thinking about the attack. I won't call it a fight because that would mean I got a punch in which I didn't. I don't even remember the guys who attacked me, much less the 'look' I supposedly gave them that started everything. The steam from the shower begins to fog the mirror, and I shake my head as I pull off my shirt and skin out of my bottoms. Just as I am about to step in, I remember the cover for my arm. Putting it on, I smile, thinking about Tee.

"Ice Tee," I chuckle.

Drying off is proving harder than washing up

Drying off is proving harder than washing up. Soapy water goes everywhere. A towel, not so much. I growl when I drop the towel once again.

"Ai'Ice?" Tee asks as he knocks on the door, "Are you ok in there?"

"Yes," I answer and frown at the door when I hear him laugh, "What is so funny?"

"You," Tee replies, "Can I come in?" Glancing back at the mirror, I take in my reflection. I only have my boxers on, but that shouldn't matter. Tee is a guy.

"Sure," I tell and wait for the door to open. Tee freezes at the door and takes in my state.

"You could have asked for help," Tee sighs, coming over to me, taking the towel from my hand. "Move up." He tells me, and I step closer to the sink as he begins drying my back. Standing still, I try not to be so aware of where his hands are. "Turn around," he orders.