Might Actually

P'Win's POV

"You OK?" I ask, closing the door behind me. Dear got real quiet after witnessing N'Kammon's reunion with his parents earlier. Since the weekend we came home from his parents' house, Dear has only mentioned his parents once since the week of his graduation.

When Dear and I got back together, I never wanted to make him lose his family. I know I didn't cause this. If he was dating me or not, it doesn't change the fact that Dear is gay.

"I'm fine, Win," Dear answers as he begins to gather his things. I don't say anything but walk over and take the shirt he is practicing origami on. I wait until he looks at me, and when he does, I raise my eyebrow.

"Tell me another lie," I say quietly.

"It isn't a lie," Dear frowns at me. I nod, waiting for him to continue. "You know I hate you?" Dear growls, plopping down on the bed.

"I do," I agree with a smile, "I love you too." Dear snorts at that.

"I won't ever get that," Dear says quietly. I walk over and join him on the edge of the bed. Reaching out, I take his hand in mine.

"You don't know that, Dear," I point out, "Time changes everything. For the better or worse, everything changes. There might come a time when your father realizes what he threw away, and he might actually regret it." Dear shakes his head. "Your mom came to your graduation. Even P'Tic. I never thought that jerk would have a change of heart."

"Same," Dear sighs. "I just..." I put my arm around him when he trails off. I know what he wants to say. I also wish his father would come around. I look at the shirt in my hand.

"Are we leaving?" I ask, glancing at his open suitcase.

"Don't you think we should?" Dear answers, taking the shirt back from me and going over to it.

"What are you doing?" Someone asks from the door. I turn to see N'Kammon and N'Bright standing there. I hadn't heard the door open.

"Packing," Dear tells them.

"Why?" N'Kammon questions, walking over to him. N'Bright trails behind his boyfriend. I wonder how long N'Kammon is going to have a constant shadow.

"You are home," Dear starts to explain, "Your father didn't really appreciate us showing up in the first place, and he will probably be happier the sooner we leave."

"My father wasn't," Kammon states, "But my DAD is happy. How could he not be? You guys saved me." N'Kammon kicks Dear's suitcase away. "So not to be rude, but can you two leave?"

"Huh?" Dear looks from his suitcase back at Kammon. "You just told me not to. Make up your mind, nong." I think I should rescue my boyfriend. I am sure these two want to be alone.

"They want us to leave the room, Dear," I laugh, grabbing his arm, "Not the house." N'Kammon nods his head vigorously.

"Oh," Dear puffs, when he realizes what they want, "I guess we will go downstairs."

Bright's POV

I watch P'Dear and P'Win leave, after which I turn back to Kammon. We stand there for a moment staring at each other before we close the distance between us. I know I just saw him earlier when I left him with my parents, but I can't stop looking at him. Someone tried to take him away from me. That can never happen again.

"Hi," Kammon grins at me. "Come here often?"

"Kind of," I play along. "What about you?"

"Pretty often," Kammon laughs before he steps into my arms, and I wrap my arms around him. "I am so glad all of this is over," He mumbles against my chest.