Follow

Maprang's POV

"Come on," I laugh, pulling May with me. "Both Prae and I are going to be there. It is not like you are going to be alone."

"Why did I follow you here?" May whines.

"We are just visiting," Prae smiles. "I can't believe you." She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"I don't want to," May pulls her hand out of my grasps and stomps her foot. I turn back to find May blushing to no end.

"Think of it like studying together," I walk over and pat her shoulder. I stumble into her when someone runs past us and bumps my shoulder. I turn, glaring at the pair running down the street.

"What in the world?" Prae says, coming to stand by me. "They didn't even apologize. How rude."

"I should go give them a piece of my mind," I mutter, but both May and Prae grab my arms. "Why..." I trail off when the pair stop in front of my boyfriend's dorm and look up.

"See," The boy holds up his phone to his friend, "This is the one." He turns to look down the street. All three of us quickly turn to look into the window of the shop we are standing in front of at the moment. "It is just three blocks from my dorm!" I barely stop myself from turning and gaping when the guy squeals. Why is he squealing like a deranged fan?

"NO FAIR!" the girls beside him whines, "You live next to P'Kongpop and now this!" I shake my head when she stomps her foot just like May did a few moments earlier.

"Didn't Aim and Oak say that Kongpop and Tew were being stalked?" Prae asks quietly. May and I both nod.

"So why are they here?" May turns to me. I just look at her waiting for her to answer her own question. "What the hell?" She gasps, glancing back and glaring at the pair. When she looks back at Prae and me. May frowns and asks, "What?"

"You swore," Prae and I both answer.

"When are you two going to stop thinking I am one step away from being a nun," May snaps.

"But you are," Prae and I say together again.

"Follow me," May hisses, taking my hand and dragging me down the sidewalk. "We were going to visit our boyfriends." Well, someone has had a change of heart all of a sudden. Jealousy is always a good motivator.

When we come even with the pair, they look across the street at something, and we easily brush past unnoticed.

"What has gotten into you?" I ask once we get inside, and May pushes the button to call the elevator.

"Nothing," She says, but I can tell she is nervous when she flaps her collar. Stepping into the elevator, she starts to push the button and stops. "I don't know what floor?"

"You dated him most of last year, and we had a couple of group projects," Prae shakes her head and selects the correct floor. "You amaze me."

May rests her head on my shoulder, "I am trying to be braver." I reach up and pat my friend's head. I know we give her grief all the time, but I understand. She was raised in an extremely strict family. She really is the poster child for the girl next door.

I, on the other hand, am the poster child for the scary girl next door. I snort as I picture actual signs made with May and me. That would be funny. I wonder if they would add the disclaimer we think May needs to come with at the bottom.

When the doors open, Prae and I push May out the door toward Aim's room. Shoving her in front of the door, we wait for her to knock.

"You said you were trying to be braver," I tell her, tilting my head.