Something Is Off

Arthit's POV

"You know I was expecting more," Knott says behind me as we look at the house. "Are you sure this is his address? To me, something is off."

Knott and I met up at the airport. He had arrived earlier than me, but since N'Tew had already arrived, he waited for me. I nod, staring at the house. I am with Knott. I thought it would be bigger. I mean, Kongpop could get a van on demand from his dad's company.

The gate opens, and N'Aim steps out, "P'Arthit. P'Knott. Are you two waiting on someone?"

"No," Knott smiles, "We just thought N'Kongpop's house would be bigger."

"Oh, it is," N'Aim smiles, "This is mine."

"Huh?" I ask, confused, "I thought we were meeting at Kongpop's." Well, that explains it. Is there a reason he doesn't want us at his home or is it just me he doesn't want to be there?

"His parents have some big company party tonight," N'Aim explains as we follow him inside. "Ai'Kong was going to stay over here because of it. P'Tutah and P'Bright didn't know about the party when they invited everyone."

"Are your parents OK with all of us showing up?" Knott asks as we walk in and set down our bags.

"They are Hua Hin for their anniversary," N'Aim tells us and grins as he adds, "Don't worry, P'Knott. I told them I had seniors and friends coming over from uni this weekend." I look over and see that our Papa was worried the nong would get in trouble. Once the parent, always the parent, even if it is with the nongs.

"That is not the best," N'Oak says, walking out of the kitchen, I assume since he is carrying a plate of food. "You should come to a stall in my hometown. Now that is the best Pad Thai."

"I tell you this place is the best," Kongpop says as he trails after N'Oak. When he sees me, he comes to a stop. It has only been a few days since P'Dear's and P'Win's graduation, but my heart still reacts as if I hadn't seen him in forever. The smile I love spreads across his face.

"P'Arthit," Kongpop says breathily, "You're here." All I can do is nod, and for the millionth time, I can feel my face flush. Will there ever be a day he doesn't make me blush?

"I am a little disappointed in your house," I tease, "I was expecting more."

"I am sure it would live up to your expectations, P'," N'Oak laughs as he walks around a corner.

"Sorry," Kongpop sighs, "My..."

"N'Aim already explained," I cut him off, "So, N'Aim," I turn to the nong, "What room can I take my bags to, and is everyone here?"

"Ai'Kong can show you to the room," N'Aim says, making me blush once again, "And we are still missing P'Dear, P'Win, and P'Boon. They were coming together. P'Tee is here already since he lived in town."

"Is Ai'Prem here?" Knott asks, "And where is N'Tew?"

"Ai'Tew!" N'Aim shouts, "Your boyfriend is here, so get your ass down here and show him where you two are sleeping!" Knott and I look at each other and chuckle. It is weird. It was a given that we would stay with our boyfriends, and nobody here has an issue with it. I wonder if N'Aim's parents were here if they would object. Glancing over at Kongpop, I now have to wonder what the arrangements would have been at Kongpop's. Maybe it was a good thing we got moved here.

Kongpop comes over and picks up my bag, "Come on, P'Arthit," He says, "I will show you which room we are in." Kongpop and I both dodge out of the way when N'Tew comes running down the stairs and collides with Knott.

"Geez, Ai'Tew," N'Aim snorts, "You did just see him." He ducks out of the way when N'Tew takes a swing at him.

"Shut it," N'Tew growls, "How would you react if it was May?" Kongpop and I both turn to see N'Aim's reaction. I turn away before he can see me laughing when a blush creeps up his neck.