one hundred and thirty seven: shaking hands

when you arrived at the crime scene, you heard yourself being introduced as you walked over to meet the head detective on the case. she reached out her hand as you took it, shaking it firmly and briefly before letting go.

reid just waved his hand and smiled briefly before looking over towards j.j. for more information about what was going on. you watched as he walked over to the car and stared into it, observing everything as you stared over at him.

when he stood up, he looked at you as you continued to stare at him. he cocked his head in some confusion as he continued to stare at you.

"_____?" hotch asked you, causing you to look over at him in confusion.

"yeah?" you asked as he glanced between the two of you before nodding over towards the crime scene as you nodded in reply.

reid smiled, going back to work as you walked over to a specific part of the crime scene.

-
when you got back on the jet, you took a seat across from reid as you looked at him with a sparkle in your eye.

"why don't you shake people's hands?" you asked him sweetly as he sat back in his seat, smiling at you while you continued to focus on him.

he didn't want to get rid of his smile as he replied.

"because," he began. "i like to keep them for you."

you felt blush quickly powdering your cheeks as you cleared your throat, sitting back as you looked back up at him.

"you're so sweet," you told him softly. "i love you."

he stood up, setting his bag down in his seat as he came over and sat next to you. he pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek as you leaned into him, closing your eyes as you laid your head down on his shoulder. he smiled, intertwining his hand with yours as you smiled to yourself.