twenty two: can't forget her

"wait, so you just forgot her?"

morgan shrugged, his cup of coffee in his hand.

"i could never forget a face like hers, guys."

reid chuckled, grabbing his case file that he was given. "you've been with so many women that you can't remember them all?"

emily laughed as morgan sighed. reid just gave him a smile, taking a sip of his coffee.

"well, you've never forgotten a girl, reid," morgan said before taking another sip.

"ah, yes, but that's because of my-"

"eidetic memory," they both finished as he gave them a smile.

"besides, you've only ever been with one girl your entire life, reid," morgan added on. emily looked between the two of them, a confused look on her face.

"wait, what?"

"is it so unbelievable that i could possibly have a girlfriend?" reid questioned, raising a brow in her direction as she shook her head.

"uh, no, i just didn't know that," she tried to cover up. morgan chuckled.

"well, yes, i could never forget her. eidetic memory or not," reid said as he checked his phone to see a message from you.

"and speaking of her, she needs to talk so tell hotch i'll be in there soon."

they both nodded and headed to the conference room with their own personal case files in their hands.

"hey, ____. is everything okay?" he asked.

he could hear you were panicked.

"reid, you have to get someone to come help me out here," you said softly. he could barely hear you.

"___, speak louder please."

"i can't. he'll hear me," you said back.

"he? who's he? ____? where are you?"

there was a pause briefly.

"i'm at home," you said back to him softly.

"i'm coming over with morgan now. what does this guy look like and what is he trying to do?"

"he's, uh, he's tall and he has longish blonde hair. he's wearing some type of overall outfit, i'm not totally sure but i can tell you that it isn't in fashion. he's holding a knife and has a phone in the other hand. reid, please hurry," you said, suddenly being urgent.

"we're on our way."

after hanging up, he rushed into the room where everyone was sitting.

"we might have a slight delay on this case."

hotch crossed his arms, looking over at reid.

"and why's that?"

"____," he said. "she's in trouble."

-
"so, you're telling me that she called you and said all this stuff about a guy and seemed even a little bit calm?" morgan asked. "if you're asking me, it sounds like a prank."

"why would she do that?" he asked.

"hasn't she been away all summer for some camp or something?" j.j. said. reid nodded.

"it could have something with her coming back, reid," rossi said. "i wouldn't be one to assume much but we don't want to barge in and she's just expecting you."

as if on cue, his phone started to ring again.

it was you.

he picked it up, answering it softly.