thirty three: pretty

"she's fine," he told garcia.

"what's that in your voice?" she asked.

he looked up to see you going through a few case files as he smiled over in your direction. your eyes never left the pages.

"what?" he questioned.

garcia gasped, letting out a laugh.

"oh my gosh," she began. "you think ___ is pretty!" she said aloud as she let out another laugh.

reid cleared his throat.

"uh, i never said that."

"well, lover boy," garcia began. "no need to tell me if you do or not but i'm just going to say that she's told me some things."

reid got perked up by these words as he continued to stare over at you. your hands gently moving the papers as you searched through them.

"what did she say?" he asked.

garcia chuckled.

"wouldn't you like to know."

"actually, i would very much so like to know."

garcia let out a mysterious sigh, leaning back in her chair as she looked at the computer while talking to reid.

"you have to promise not to tell her i told you."

reid nodded. "of course. what is it?"

"she likes you reid!" garcia spilled, an overwhelming amount of excitement in her words. "she really, really likes you. she goes on and on all night about how much she likes you, how much you mean to her, how much she wishes you could see it."

reid continued to look over at you, smiling so much that he felt his cheeks beginning to hurt.

"thanks, garcia," he replied.

"anytime lover boy."

when she hung up, he pocketed his cellphone as he walked over to where you were still standing. you let out a small sigh of frustration while looking at the papers.

"anything i can help with?" he asked you.

your eyes looked up at him while you smiled slightly, holding up a sheet of paper.

"well, when you look at this photo," you began, holding it up to where you could both see it. "what do you think went through the unsub's mind?"

reid leaned down closer to study the photograph, which only meant he got closer to you. he could practically smell the shampoo you had used and the perfume you wore so often.

he liked you so much.

"i mean," he began. "maybe it was personal."

you cocked your head to the side, getting it closer to reid.

"i'm not sure, but whatever happened- it was obviously something to tick him off. or maybe he was just looking for someone to kill, i don't know," you said, setting down the photo as you looked over at him.

"what?" you asked, a slight smile on your lips.

reid cleared his throat.

"nothing, nothing," he replied.

you smiled, one hand on the table.

"clearly someone told you something. what's up?" you asked him again. he had promised garcia but he wanted you so badly.

"garcia told me something," he started. he felt terrible but what if you accepted what he was about to say. garcia couldn't be mad about that.

"she told me that you have feelings for me?"

your eyes that were once alert and fully fixated on him, drifted down towards the floor where you anxiously tapped the front of your shoe.

"listen, i know you don't share feelings back and you weren't supposed to find out this way, but-"

"____, i like you too."

you stopped speaking, still staring at the ground before lifting your head up slowly and looking up at him.

"this isn't a joke?"

he shook his head.

"when have you known me to make these types of jokes?" he asked, laughing a little at the end of it. it was his cute little laugh that drew you in.

"doctor reid, i would totally kiss you right now but we're standing in a house where someone got murdered," you said softly to him.

he smiled. "you can kiss me later."

"i guess it's a good thing garcia told you."