one hundred and forty eight: coworker jealousy (part two)

after everyone learning about the jealousy between the two of you towards two of the team members, reid felt the need to be protective and same went for you. it was only when you two were in the same room as the other person you got jealous of however.

today was another case as usual and you had all been sent to find a young man from a camp that taught boys the respect for adults and the right from wrong.

you were helping garcia get set up in the library as reid walked in, scaring the two of you as you sat at the table after he explained the encounter with the friendly apparition.

he took a seat next to you, seeing you looking at one of the many sheets of paper that had to deal with the students that attended the school and the points system that was set up.

"i got this from one of the youngest boys," you told reid as he nodded, looking at it with you while you ate the chinese takeout you had been given. "he said that josh didn't have enough points to go out on the trip."

"then why was he there?" garcia asked you as you took a bite of the food before responding.

"i have no clue," you responded. "but all i do know is that he technically wasn't supposed to be there yet he was."

reid nodded, sitting back in his chair.

"do you think that maybe josh went because he wanted to get revenge on all the other boys?" reid asked the two of you as you shrugged, taking another bite from the food as you looked down towards the paper.

you set the box down when you noticed the amount of points many of the boys had that went out on the trip.

"holy hell," you muttered. "i think that all of the boys that went out on that trip were bullies except josh and maybe spence is right that he wanted to get revenge."

garcia nodded, looking at the sheet of paper as you came over to her. you stood between her and reid, leaning down to let her see the sheet of paper with the boys names on it. your head and reid's were nearly touching as you showed her the list of names.

"see, tucker calhoun was a bully with the most points so my guess is that he might've been the pet," you said. "but i'm not sure so maybe look into him?"

she nodded, beginning to type as you stayed where you were, turning to face reid now with the list as the two of you stared at it.

"i'm not sure what any of this means otherwise," you muttered.

"josh's parents said that he walked everything out to bailey's dad so i'm not sure that he murdered any of those people," j.j. said as she entered into the room. you looked up at her briefly before looking back down towards the list.

reid handed it to her, letting her see the list of names.

"so, i'm guessing we all had pretty much the same theory," she muttered. "until now."

you nodded, standing up but not leaving from beside reid's chair. your hand found it's way onto his arm as you held it there while looking over to see if garcia had found anything out.

reid looked down towards the sheet of paper that had all the points for each young man as j.j. looks at your hand that was on reid.

he clearly didn't seem to mind it at all.

"i'm not going to steal your boyfriend, ____," she said to you sweetly as you looked up at her, still keeping your hand on him. he continued to look at the list while studying it and writing down notes.

"i never said you were," you told her gently.

"there's no need for this jealousy thing to continue. i've never hit on spence in my life or made some sort of physical contact with him unlike morgan."

you furrowed your brows briefly as if something were bothering you.

"you call him spence," you told her softly. "and that's what i've been calling him for years. it's a common nickname but it's different when you say it."

he looked up at you.

"did you need something?" he asked sweetly.

you grabbed one of the extra chairs, also taking your chinese with you, and sitting down next to him as you shook your head, giving him a sweet smile.

he smiled back at you, pressing a kiss to your cheek before looking back at the paper and continuing to write things.

"it's just a girlfriend thing," you told her softly. "it's nothing personal."

she sighed, running her fingers through her hair as you put your hand in his free one that wasn't writing anything down on the sheet of paper while you studied it with him.