fifteen: against company policy

you sat in the conference room with everyone, staring down at the file as you tried to take your mind off of your thoughts.

garcia was sitting right next to you, noticing how you were constantly tapping your foot. she kept looking over in your direction, seeing your eyes calmly reading the papers but your foot seemed to be in a world of its own.

"we're going to be leaving in fifteen minutes, everyone. get your things together," hotchner said as everyone began leaving the room.

when the rest of the team had all left, garcia shut the door and turned to face you.

"garcia, i only have fifteen minutes," you told her. your foot was still tapping against the floor, you needed to see him before you left.

"why do you keep tapping your foot like that?" she questioned you, noticing as your eyes stared directly back into hers.

"maybe i'm just anxious about this case. that's how i always get. maybe you just never noticed it but i have to go," you told her with a quick smile before leaving the room.

when you arrived at your desk, you set down your file and grabbed your bag from underneath the desktop.

looking up, you noticed reid was standing over by the coffee bar in the b.a.u. he nodded towards an empty room, making you smile to yourself before grabbing your bag and walking over to meet him.

"remember, we have to be careful," you told him quietly. he nodded, grabbing your hand in his as he led you over to the empty room.

when you both arrived, he shut and locked the door as you let out a sigh. you both set down your bags as you looked down at your watch, noting the time.

"we still have ten minutes together," you said, a smile on your lips. he smiled back, watching as you sat atop the desk.

"garcia almost figured us out," you told him, watching as he walked over and stood in front of you.

he let out a sigh.

"good thing you're the most intelligent woman i know and diverted her attention to something else, right?"

you nodded, pulling him towards you and placing your lips gently on his. when you let go, there was a smile on your face.

"i wish this wasn't against company policy," you said softly, looking down at his hand that was holding onto yours.

"i know, me too," he replied. "but maybe it's better that it is. it's fun to go out on secret dates and be able to go in private to do things together. it gives us more time together."

you smiled up at him, pressing your lips back onto his. letting go once more, you looked back up into his eyes that were staring down at you with a playful sparkle.

"we need to go, reid," you said, looking down at your watch. "can you hand me my bag?"

he nodded, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek again as you let out a small laugh of joy. he looked over at you, seeing you covering your mouth but the blush was there.

"okay, come on," he said, opening the door as he noticed no one on the team was out there currently.

you both walked out and down the steps to the jet, seeing morgan and emily waiting for you.

"there you two are," emily said.

morgan chuckled. "would you like to tell us both where you've been?"

you nodded, tucking some loose hair behind your ear. you were about to take the lead when reid just blurted out.

"we're dating."

you felt your heart stop for a brief minute before you covered your face with your hand. you couldn't look up at them.

emily and morgan glanced between the two of you, morgan letting out a laugh.

"oh my god, really?"

reid nodded, seeing you covering your face with your hands. he let out a small smile.

emily was next to speak.

"you two know that's against company policy, right?" she questioned. you nodded.

"yes, and that's the whole reason i didn't want to tell anyone, reid," you said, nudging him in the side.

he didn't move but looked down at you once again. morgan glanced between you two.

"your little secret is safe with us."

"how long has this been going on?" emily asked, looking between you both as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"a year," reid said.

"a whole year?" emily said with a shocked face. "you two have been dating for a whole year?"

you nodded. "yep, and it's been the best year of my life so."

morgan smiled. "long as you two are happy. come on, we have to go."

you gave reid one more smile before entering the plane.