one hundred and forty six: i can help, sweetheart

it was a hard day at work for you with having to deal with the most recent case. it wasn't that it personally affected you, but it was the fact that there weren't many leads as to what happened.

you sat at the table in the police station in san francisco as you had your head on the desk, having fallen asleep when trying to figure out victimology that dealt directly with the unsub.

"_____?" you heard someone say as you sat up, rubbing your eyes softly before running a hand through your hair.

it was reid.

"reid, hey," you said softly, sitting back in the chair as he came over and sat next to you. you ran a hand through your hair as he looked at you lovingly.

"hey," he said softly. "everything okay?" he asked. you nodded, looking back towards the case file and many photos that were sitting on the table.

"yeah, yeah," you replied. "everything is fine. i just really need to focus and try to figure this out."

reid stared at you gently as you looked at the many photos before feeling yourself just begin to cry.

"spence, what am i doing?" you asked him, looking over at him as he pulled you in closer to him. you got up, pulling him with you before attacking him in a tight hug. he didn't hesitate to hug you back.

"are you are everything is okay?" he asked, rubbing your back gently.

"how can i do this job? i can't even figure out how the victims correlate with each other. it's the simplest thing," you replied.

"hey, don't doubt yourself," he muttered, pulling you away from him and both of you sitting back down in your seats. you stared at him with tear stained cheeks and watery eyes.

"don't doubt yourself when others don't. hotch doesn't and he's the leader of this team. if the leader of the team doesn't doubt you, don't doubt yourself," reid replied to you softly.

you nodded, trying to control your breathing and crying again as you looked towards the ground. when you looked back up, reid wiped away the tears that were threatening to roll down your cheeks.

"hey, sweetheart," he said softly. "don't worry about this. you have done well on so many cases in the past and will do so well on so many cases in the future. don't doubt yourself when nobody on this team does."

you nodded, pressing a kiss to his lips before letting go and resting your head on his chest.

"i love you," you told him softly. he nodded, intertwining his hands with yours.

"i love you the most," he replied. "i can help you," he said back as you nodded, looking back up at him.

he smiled sweetly at you, running his fingers through your hair gently as he moved it out of your face and behind your ears. you couldn't stop smiling at him.

"i can help you, sweetheart," he said with a smile before pressing a kiss to your forehead and then the two of you turned back to the work and began working on it once more.

you couldn't let go of his hand the entire time.