sixteen: running late

"reid," you laughed out, seeing him above you. "you have to go. they've called for you, like, five times."

he sighed, looking down into your eyes as they searched his. "but i'd much rather stay here with you for once in my life."

you smiled up at him, watching him as he let out another sigh before looking back into your eyes once more.

"reid," you began, stealing his attention again. "i know you'd rather stay here but you work to do."

with that, he got up from above you and walked over to the closet, trying to find his clothes for today.

you sat up on your hands, smiling to yourself as you saw his phone ring again. looking over, you saw it was morgan once more.

"do you want me to answer it?" you asked him. when he walked out, he shook his head, adjusting the sweater he had on.

"okay, i'll try to come back as soon as i possibly can," he said. you let out a small laugh as he pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek.

"okay, pretty boy," you began. "you have to go, as much as i'd rather you stay here instead."

he grabbed his bag, sliding it over his shoulder.

"i'll see you soon," he said, looking over at you.

you nodded, standing on your tiptoes to place another gentle kiss to his cheek.

"see you soon," you said to him softly.

-
"hey, sorry i'm late," he said as he quickly walked into the room and sat down in his chair. rosse raised his eyebrows, noting how he sat forward, as if he were eager to get this done with.

morgan chuckled, finishing fixing up his cup of coffee. "hope she was worth it. if it was even a she," he chuckled.

reid's eyes glanced towards morgan before looking back down at the case file.

"uh, it was actually," he muttered.

morgan turned around quickly.

"wait, doctor reid has a girlfriend and he hasn't told us about her yet?" he practically exclaimed. garcia perked up.

"oo, yes! tell us about her, please," she said as emily chuckled. reid looked up at hotchner who was just staring at him.

"i think we should solve this case before i tell you about her," he said, garcia frowning in response. hotchner nodded a silent thank you.

-
the case had ended, the serial killer had been caught, and garcia and morgan were now all on top of reid to tell them about you.

"come on, the case is over! you have to tell us about her now," garcia said.

morgan chuckled. "or reid, maybe there isn't actually a she and you just made that up to get us off your back this morning."

"i'll call her to meet us here, if you want?"

morgan sat back in his chair with his drink.

"be my guest."

-
"did you finish the case?" you asked him over the phone. he nodded to himself.

"yeah, we got another serial killer."

you chuckled. "i don't know how you do it, honey. that's just so intense, i couldn't handle that pressure."

reid let out a soft chuckle as well in response to your reply.

"oh, also morgan and garcia want to meet you so can you meet me down here? the bar on main street," he said.

you nodded to yourself. "yeah, sure."

"see you soon," he said, reminding him of this morning. you smiled to yourself, looking down at the ring he had given you.

"see you soon."

-
morgan and garcia had been trying to get information about you out of reid for about twenty minutes and were so far unsuccessful.

"come on, just tell us one thing about her! i'm starting to think she isn't real," garcia said, an evident pout on her lips.

"she's coming."

morgan chuckled into his drink, looking over towards the door to see you walk in. well, he didn't know you were reid's but he knew a pretty face when he saw one.

your eyes met reid's as you walked over to him, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"so, the case went well?" you asked.

he nodded, handing you a drink as you thanked him. after taking a sip, you turned to face garcia and morgan who looked honestly surprised.

"why do they look like that?" you said to reid, speaking softly so he could only hear you.

"they didn't think you were real," he said.

you nodded. "oh."

"hi, ____, i'm agent morgan and this is garcia," morgan told you. you nodded, taking yet another sip of the drink.

"yeah, i know who you both are. reid tells me about you two all the time," you replied with a smile.

morgan chuckled, looking over at reid.

"oh, so you tell her about us. but you don't tell us about her?"

you chuckled, feeling reid's eyes looking sheepishly down towards the floor as you turned to look at him.

"it's really quite late, guys. ____ and i are going to take off," he said, giving them both a smile before grabbing your hand in his.

-
you laid on top of the bed, looking up at the ceiling while you kept a soft smile on your lips.

"_____, what do you think of morgan and garcia?" reid asked as he walked back into the bedroom and sat down next to you.

you sat up, finding a comfortable spot against his chest as you laid against him. you played with your ring aimlessly.

"i think they're really nice, good people. you seem to have a good team around you, reid."

he smiled, feeling you shift against him.

when he looked down, he noticed you were slowly falling asleep.

"____, it's okay to go to sleep," he said softly.

you nodded. "i want to stay up with you, reid."

"you're tired."

you nodded, pressing yourself further against him. "i know."

"then why don't you go to bed?"

you chuckled to yourself, turning around and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. when you looked into his eyes, you could see he was totally mesmerized.

"you ask too many questions, pretty boy," you told him sweetly. "maybe we should go to bed."

he continued to look at you like you were the only person that has ever mattered in his life.

when you stopped staring at your ring, you looked back up at his eyes.

"what?"

"nothing," he said.

you smiled, fidgeting with the ring again.

"i doubt it's nothing, reid. now you can tell me anything, you know that right?"

"you're really pretty," he blurted out.

you looked up at him, a smile and blush accompanying your sparkling, playful eyes.

"so are you, pretty boy," you replied, giving him another brief kiss on his lips before turning back around and laying up against his chest once more.