one hundred and ninety seven: love letters

"what's that?" prentiss asked you as she came over and sat down in her desk next to yours. you kept staring at the envelope on your desk, not opening it.

it didn't say anything, it just had a little heart on the front.

"i don't really know," you replied finally, continuing to stare at it with confusion in your eyes.

"does it have a name on it anywhere?" she asked as you shook your head.

"no, it just has a little heart," you told her. "here, look."

she took it from you, observing the outside of it with the heart as she chuckled.

"i think you should open it."

you took it back from her, sitting back in your chair as you observed the letter. you finally decided to open it like she said, taking out a little letter as you opened it.

your eyes scanned over every word as you smiled to yourself. prentiss looked up from her coffee as you kept smiling at the letter.

"what's up with you?" she asked with a small laugh.

"the letter," you told her, putting it back in the envelope and sliding it into your bag. "i know who gave it to me."

you got up without another word as you walked over to reid's desk as he read another one of the books you had given to him.

"hey," you said as you took a seat next to him. "thanks for the letter, spence."

he smiled to himself, causing you to smile back in response as you pressed a kiss to his cheek before standing up fully.

"i like you too," you muttered softly to him before leaving and going back to your desk where the team was sitting as they watched it all happen.

reid couldn't stop smiling.

his love letter worked.