one hundred and fifty five: zealous

author's note: i will be making another part to the series but i like to take little breaks in between!!
-

it was yet another case with another girl who tried to make some sort of move on your boyfriend. the girl was mental and needed help but she was grabby- wanting things that didn't belong to her or wanting something that she knew she couldn't have.

you watched her as she tried to get him, tried to trick him into getting with her or trying to get him to give himself over to her.

it was after the case as you sat on the plane, looking out the window while everything ran through your mind. you saw someone sit down in front of you, causing you to look over and your eyes softened when they landed on reid.

"hey," you said softly as he smiled gently at you. you couldn't help but smile back, having to look down towards your pants to keep yourself from blushing too much.

"see? you don't have to worry," reid spoke gently to you. you looked back up at him in confusion.

"about what? i'm not worried about anything," you muttered back softly as you looked back out to the window.

reid chuckled, causing you to look back over at him in response.

"i know you, _____. i know your favorite color, your favorite book, your deepest desires and hopes, i know what you think about whenever you hear things on the news about pretty much anything, i know you, sweetheart," he said softly to you. you didn't look away and didn't nod, but continued to listen. "i know something is wrong because you wouldn't come back to me after the case. i could sense something was wrong when you went to morgan and not to me to talk."

you looked down towards your watch, hearing reid clear his throat which caused you to look back up at him.

"come on, sweetheart," he said. "you gotta tell me what's going on with you."

you avoided his eye contact for a little while momentarily before looking back at him and responding.

"the girl," you muttered. "she was being grabby."

reid sighed, leaning back into the seat as you made eye contact with him. reid waited for you to continue.

"she was trying to manipulate you into dating her and leaving me," you told him softly. "i can't have you leave me. i can't. i love you too much, and she was trying to get to you."

"so, that's what it was," he muttered, looking off to the side as you nodded, looking down at your watch again.

"_____," he began as you looked back up at him. "i love you more than anyone, and you should not have to worry about me leaving you. i could never hurt you like that or in a way that would involve me leaving you for another girl. i would never let that happen."

you sighed, looking up at him as you felt the jealousy bubble back into your stomach.

"hey," he said softly, causing the jealousy to fizzle away into nothing once more. "it's okay."

you nodded, leaning forward and resting your head in your hand as you continued to stare out of the window.

"_____," reid spoke softly, causing you to look over at him with a still frown on your lips. he smiled sweetly at you. "come here."

you cocked your head in confusion.

"are you tired? do you want to go to the couch?" you asked him as he nodded.

"we can go to the couch, if you'd like," he responded. you nodded, getting up and watching as he sat down first on the couch. you joined him in sitting down beside him.

he pulled you close to him, causing you to instantly relax into what seemed like a state of jello where you simply melted into his arms. reid smiled to himself.

"it's crazy how much i get you," reid muttered softly as he rest his chin on your head softly. you stayed pressed against him but stayed soft with your grip on him. "because i'm just a genius when it comes to science and math but for some reason, i got you."

you smiled.

"you got me because i love you," you replied, closing your eyes as you began to slowly fall asleep on him.

"ah, well," he muttered into your hair as he held onto you, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "don't worry about the female unsubs that try to manipulate me into dating them. why would i leave someone as cute as you?"

you smiled to yourself, tightening your grip on his hands that were wrapped around you. he looked down, continuing to smile at you.

"i love you?" he asked gently.

you smiled. "i love you so much, spence."

reid smiled softly, pressing another kiss to the top of your head as you slowly began to drift off into a state of sleep.