sixty four: hookers & investigations

"hey, can i stay with you guys?" you asked rossi and morgan as they looked over at reid as he walked away from the group and out into the world. morgan looked over at you while you watched reid walk away. 

"yeah, why are you wanting to stay though? we have our reason," he explained while you nodded. your eyes met his as you gave him a soft, unsure smile. 

"i'm sure our reasons are the same," you muttered. "we should go ahead and go up to his room. you know that he'll be staying in the same room." 

morgan chuckled. "actually, i think you are the only one who knows that but thanks for that heads up, _____." 

you blushed as you grabbed your bags and began leading them up to his room. 

"we don't even have the room key,"  rossi said as they followed you up to the room. 

"oh, but we do," you said as you held up the key card before reaching his room and sliding the key into the lock, seeing it turn green, and opening the door. " i got it from him this morning."

morgan set his bags down near the bed and sat down on the seat that faced the television. "he just gave you the key to his room? he knew you would be staying?" 

"maybe i stole it," you muttered as you set your bag down on the bed and laid yourself down on top of it. rossi took a seat next to morgan as they put on a television show and sat there waiting for reid to arrive. 

you observed the ring on your hand as the only sound was the television playing before the door opened and reid walked in the room with a confused look on his face. 

"what are you guys doing in my room? aren't you three supposed to be on the plane right now heading back?" reid asked as he set down the box of information on the murder he was trying to investigate. 

" and you," you said as you stood up, "are supposed to be with your mom so you tell us exactly what you're doing and we can help you." you told him as he reached out for your hand. you gave it to him as he pulled you close to his body. 

"are you still trying to investigate that riley jenkin's murder?" morgan asked as you took one of the files from the box. reid kept his hand tightly in yours, clearly not wanting to let go. you opened it with the one hand you had as you laid it out on the bed. 

"it is," you muttered. "reid, what is the huge deal with this case?" you asked him softly. you knew all about the dreams he had. you knew more of the details than morgan and rossi knew simply because of how much reid had told you at the early hours of the morning. 

"look," morgan said. "we're here to help you." 

rossi nodded. "we're here to help with this case so just let us know who's your first suspect." 

" it's my dad," he said as  you tightened your grip on his hand. he felt it as he looked down at you as you just let go of his hand to took the folders into your grasp. he nodded silently before announcing he was going to go down in the main lobby for a little while. 

you felt so confused and misunderstood as to why he would have even considered him still. his father simply did not fit the profile of the offender. when he left the room, you were still staring down into the case file as morgan took a seat next to you.

"you okay?" he asked. 

you almost shook your head yet almost nodded. "i'm not entirely sure. i just don't get why he would have said his dad when he doesn't know anything about him and his dreams don't say anything that would lead him to saying his father as a conclusion."

"maybe you should go find him and get him to talk, ______," rossi said. 

you looked up at him, setting down the case file. "why me?"

"because you're the only one that he will listen to truly in a time like this. it's like you have mind control over him or something," rossi said. "i think you should try to go find him."

you nodded. "okay. where should we meet you guys after i finish talking to him?"

"outside of the building so we can figure out where to go next," morgan said. 

-

you had searched around a majority of the lobby before finally finding him sitting with a hooker as he played on one of the machines with a bored expression on his face while they had a conversation. 

"wow. smart and handsome. how about i put mine out if you buy me a drink?" she asked him as she moved closer to him. 

you walked up and smiled at her with a somewhat jealous look in your eye. 

"sorry, honey, but he's already taken." 

she frowned as she took her lit cigarette and walked away towards a different man at another machine who gratefully paid for a drink for her. 

you took her seat as you sat back in the chair while reid continued to look at the machine in boredom. 

"reid," you said softly. he stopped the game, looking up at you. your soft eyes stared into his as his hand reached for yours once more. you allowed him to take it again. if this is what reid needed to keep himself calm during this case investigation then you would give him what he wanted. "why are you thinking that your father did this?"

"i saw him, _____. i saw him in my dream with the dead body of riley behind the washer and i cannot just deny that. why would you even think that i would not overlook a detail like that that was shown to me in my dream? why would you not consider-" 

you put your other hand on top of his as you made him grow quiet. 

"honey, i'm not saying that he could not be considered a suspect but  you really have to be careful and think through this."

he let out a sigh as you stood up, pulling him up with you. 

"look," you began. "if you really think that your father either committed the murder or he is somehow involved in the murder, we will have to find him. you know that right, honey?" you asked him. 

his grip tightened on your hand, giving you the answer that you needed.

"honey," you said softly. "it's okay. if you need me to help you with anything, i can." 

  he nodded. "just be there for me."

-

part two coming now.