one hundred and fifty one: motives for pregnancy

"morgan, oh my god, stop," you said quite loudly as you stepped away from him as he playfully poked you in the side. you cleared your throat, stepping away from him with the case files as you tried to walk back down the hallway to meet reid. "i have to meet reid, stop," you said with a small laugh.

he stopped, frowning as you gave him a confused look.

"what?" you asked gently.

he sighed, looking off in the other direction. you continued to look at him in confusion as he finally spoke back up.

"why do you date him?" he asked as you felt anger flare up in your chest before swallowing the urge to let it out.

"because i love him," you replied back. "are you sure everything is okay?"

he nodded, looking down towards the floor.

"but you're cheating on him with me," he said softly.

you furrowed your brows. "if you think i'd ever cheat on spence, you've got to be kidding yourself. you're clearly hitting on me, morgan."

he shook his head. "i'm not. i think you want to date me and not reid but oh well."

you felt the anger bubbling up again but all you could do was let out an angry sigh and turn around before feeling tears rolling down your cheeks.

when you got to where reid was, you tossed down the cases on the desk next to you before pulling him into a tight hold. you kept him close to you as you let out a content sigh.

he held back onto you, confused.

"what happened?" he asked softly.

you didn't want to say anything and instead keep holding onto him in the content state that you were in but he asked again, forcing you to answer.

"what happened?" he repeated.

"morgan is trying to get me to cheat on you with him," you said softly, tightening your hold on him. "i know he is because he keeps asking me why i'm dating you. spence, please make it stop. i don't want to ruin this good friendship all of us have but he's making it awkward to work with."

he nodded, gently rubbing your back as you stayed up against him while he let out an annoyed sigh.

"i'll talk to him when we go out on the case," he muttered softly as you nodded, nestling your head in the crook of his neck.

-
"morgan?" reid asked as the two of them walked in one of the buildings where they were going to interview some of the members of the building.

"yeah?" he asked softly.

"can you maybe stop hitting on my girlfriend?" he asked sweetly. he didn't like to be loud spoken, especially because he was shy when it came to confrontation.

"what did she tell you?" he asked, swallowing thickly.

"that you've been hitting on her and i'd greatly appreciate it if you stopped," he asked politely. "i just, she's my girlfriend and i don't want to ruin any of our friendships."

he sighed.

"look, kid," he began as reid looked over at him. "i don't mean to break you guys up but hell, i think i love her."

reid tensed up at those words as he looked away from him and swallowed thickly. morgan nodded.

"i can't hold it in anymore," he said softly.

reid excused himself to go off and call hotch but he really needed to call you right now.

-
"so," you began, pointing towards the board with your pen. "maybe the victims were stalked along this river which is why they might get dumped there?"

j.j. shook her head. "it doesn't say that any of the victims, except for one, walked by that river during their normal life."

"then maybe-" you began but felt your phone vibrating. you pulled it out, seeing reid's name on it as you excused yourself to answer the phone.

"you love me don't you?" he asked you over the phone as soon as you picked up. you nodded to yourself.

"yes, of course. why wouldn't i? spence, what's going on? is everything-" you began but felt sick to your stomach when he said the next sentence.

"morgan said he's in love with you," reid said.

you felt like throwing up but crying at the same time. you couldn't decide exactly what you wanted at that moment.

"spence, what do we do about this?" you asked him softly while taking a seat in the closest seat next to you.

he sighed. "i get you pregnant."

you nearly choked. "what?"

"i need to get you pregnant," he said softly. "because that's the only way to show that we're purely committed to each other besides with everything we do everyday."

you nodded. "okay."

"are you super sure about this though? if you have another suggestion, i'll take it all the way but-" he began rambling but you shook your head as you nodded.

"hey, spence," you began softly. "it's okay. you can get me pregnant. i love you."

he smiled to himself. "i love you more, sweetheart. now we can prove that you're more to me than anything else- even though i've told him multiple times."

you nodded. "i love you with all my heart, spence. i'll see you soon."