six: man in love

"a serial killer? so like, someone that kills cereal?" you joked, reid letting out a soft laugh and a sigh.

"no, a serial killer is-"

you stopped him. "reid, i know what a serial killer is. i was just making a joke."

he smiled up at you sitting on his desk, not noticing morgan and gidian talking.

"so, the brilliant doctor reid has finally got a girlfriend," morgan said. gidian smiled, letting out a soft chuckle.

"why are you surprised? he's a bright kid," he replied. morgan smiled too, tucking his hands into his pockets of his jeans.

"yeah, but i feel like he's such a nerd that he wouldn't be able to get a girl. he'd be too busy rereading star trek comics or whatever," morgan said.

gidian chuckled, both of them still watching you both. you were obviously talking about something that caused reid to continue staring at you in admiration.

"he loves her," morgan said.

"how do you know that?" gidian asked, turning to face him with confusion on his face. morgan didn't turn away from you both, his hands still tucked in his pockets.

"i'm a profiler and it's my job to profile people. but you can tell by the way he looks at her. that's a look that only a man in love has."

gidian smiled, seeing you hop down from the desk and start to walk away before turning back around. you walked back up to him and stood on your tiptoes to plant a soft kiss on his cheek before leaving.

reid stood up, walking over to both agents morgan and gidian. he held the case files in his hand as he approached them.

"are you guys ready for this?"

morgan laughed, turning to gidian. "see? you can see it."

reid looked between his two colleagues.

"what? see what?"

morgan patted reid on the shoulder.

"you, my friend, are a man in love."