thirty four: headaches

"____, please come now. i need you to be here with me when i go into this because i can't do it alone," reid rambled quickly in order to gain your attention towards his every word.

"reid, honey, what's going on? slow down, tell me everything," you replied, searching desperately for your keys.

"it's these headaches. these really, really bad headaches," he said as he held his head down in his hands while being on the phone with you.

"i get dizzy and start hallucinating things that i didn't think my mind could even go to," he said. "it's these dark images that are giving me more nightmares. they come from some of the darkest-"

"reid," you stopped him. you were evidently crying into the phone and reid could hear it. "why haven't you told me?"

he felt the pain coming back again as he tried to grip his head a little firmer. he felt all of the hurt start to fade a little as he heard you on the other end of the phone.

"what floor did you say you were on?"

"4."

you nodded to yourself as you stepped in the elevator, letting it swiftly take you to the fourth floor.

"stay on the phone with me," you told him.

when you got to the fourth floor, you could see him sitting in the chair. he looked like he was in so much pain.

"reid," you whispered softly. you just dropped your phone then and there. you had to run to him, needing to hold him.

when you got over to where he was, you instantly wrapped your arms around him. you put your face close to the crook of his neck.

"____, it hurts," he said, gripping onto you tighter. he was having another headache and hallucination. you held onto him tighter, burying your face in the crook of his neck while he took off his sunglasses, rubbing his eyes and squinting them.

"reid, baby, put the sunglasses back on," you told him gently. he let go of you, having to look at you in your eyes. "reid?"

"____, make it stop, please make it stop," he said to you in a whimper. "it hurts."

you wanted to reach out and hold him tightly but the doctor came out of the room, calling reid in and away from your comforting hold that he desperately yearned for.

"reid, baby, i'll be out here when you're done, okay?" you told him, wiping away a stray tear on your cheek. "i'll be right here."

-
"____?"

you looked up from where you had fallen asleep in the palm of your hand, your eyes meeting morgan's.

"morgan?" you muttered. you didn't remember reid leaving you his sweater but here you were- wearing it.

"____, reid's out of the appointment."

you sat up, rubbing your eyes gently.

"why did it take so long?" you questioned. morgan stood you up, leading you into the room where reid and the doctor were all talking.

"he's going to be taken away from you, ____. there's nothing to stop it. these images will get the better of him and he'll leave you."

you burst up from where you were taking a nap, seeing reid and morgan standing near you. reid, even through his sunglasses, had his beautiful, brown eyes on you.

he was concerned.

when your eyes found out that reid was there, you slowly stood up and wrapped your arms around him. you felt comforted with the feeling of him next to you, pressed up against you.

"are you okay?" you asked him sweetly.

"i should be asking you. they gave me some meds for the headaches and i'm coming back for another scan tomorrow."

he took off the sunglasses for a brief moment but you took this opportunity.

you nodded, slowly standing up on your tiptoes to be closer to his face as you looked into his eyes, observing the color his eyes turned when the light hit them. the once dark chocolate melted into a warm, milk chocolate brown.

you couldn't stop observing his eyes, just how beautiful they were. a genius didn't think even need to be smart to figure out how beautiful they were.

"____?" morgan questioned.

you just kept looking at his eyes, observing every inch of them.

when you stopped staring into them, you laid your head down near his shoulder and pulled him close to you.

"i love you," you muttered to him softly. you didn't want him to leave you. it would hurt worse than the headaches.