five: taken

"where is he? where is he?"

morgan held you back from hotchner who only swallowed thickly. you had tears running down your face as you stared over at them.

"where is he?" you asked again.

gidian stepped forward, giving morgan a look as he loosened his hold but still held onto you.

"i just want to know where he is."

gidian gave you a smile. "i know, and we're doing our best to find him but it's hard when we don't have much of a track to follow."

you ran a hand through your hair, the tears still running down your cheeks. morgan looked down at you.

"____, we'll find him. we always find these victims and bring them home to their families. we'll do the same with reid," he told you.

you felt yourself breaking down.

"what if he's hurt? what if he's dead? what if he's going to be a missing person forever? i can't," you took a breath. "i can't lose him."

morgan nodded, looking over at gidian.

"and you won't, _____. we're going to find reid and bring him home to you. don't worry- we're going to bring him home to you."

gidian nodded to morgan once more who took you off to one of the couches at the end of the top floor that was directly in front of the conference room.

there, he sat you down and looked at you playing with the bracelet you had been given.

"what's that?" he asked.

you continued to stare at it, moving it around slowly from anxiety, stress, and nerves.

"reid gave it to me for our two year anniversary. he said that it contained something that could always lead us back to each other."

morgan looked down at it, observing it.

"does he have one like that?" he asked.

you nodded. "yeah, he has the same kind of bracelet. why?"

"because if he said that it will always lead you two back to each other, then it might have some sort of tracker inside of it or something. he's a profiler and a smart guy- he wouldn't just give you something meaningless if he didn't want you to use it for a certain purpose."

you immediately took off the bracelet, handing it to morgan. he looked up at you, confused.

you took a shaky inhale.

"i'm not like other suspects, agent morgan. i'm dating a profiler so i've learned that all information is useful and anything that can help bring reid home to me is going to be given to you."

morgan smiled, patting your shoulder.

"thank you for this cooperation. i'll do my best to bring him home to you and you will see him again."

you nodded, watching him get up and walk down the hall to hotchner's office. you continued to sit there, staring down at your hands.

j.j. approached you next.

"so," she said, taking a seat next to you. "how are you feeling?"

you let out a sigh, wiping away some of the tears you had still on your cheeks.

"a little better knowing that i might have a way to get reid back," you told her. she grabbed your hand in hers.

"just know we're all searching for him. if i hadn't of let him go alone, we wouldn't be in this situation. it's my fault, and for that- i'm truly sorry."

you shook your head, looking up at her.

"it is not your fault, j.j. you both are doing your job. i just want you all to find my reid and bring him home to me."

she nodded, embracing you in a small hug.

-
"we got him!"

morgan came out of the house, reid draped across his shoulders as j.j. ran forwards.

"bring him to ____ immediately," she said. "she's been the most worried of us all."

morgan nodded, walking back to see you standing behind the police line. your hair was thrown up messily and your eyes seem tired and scared.

"here he is, _____," morgan said, handing him over to you.

you eagerly wrapped your arms around him, holding him close to you. you let out small sobs as reid held back onto you with the little strength he had left.

"you're okay, you're okay," you said to him softly. "you're okay."

he smiled, still holding onto you.

"i always thought of you."

you held back onto him tighter. "i'm so glad you're okay."

morgan smiled. he brought him home to you. that's all that his job was about.