one hundred and fourteen: tell me anything

"do you think that everything will get back to normal?" you asked reid as you two walked to the abduction site of the first victim the unsub had taken. reid shook his head, staring off towards the bus stop that was ahead of the two of you.

"i'm not sure," he responded. "i don't know."

you continued to stare off at the bus stop. "what about you?" you asked him. "how are you feeling?"

reid sighed, rubbing the back of his neck gently before looking at the sign. 

"so, if abby got off here and was heading towards her class, wouldn't she have been seen being abducted by someone?" he asked, avoiding your eye contact. "or maybe she was tricked into going somewhere with him and therefore it looked normal to the people who passed by." 

"reid," you said softly, trying to get him to focus back on you. "we need to talk about this."

he turned his head to avoid your eye contact as he looked off to see the surroundings. 

"or maybe she was taken in a car of some sort that he has. this might mean that she was comfortable with going with him. maybe he faked an injury like bundy did in order to get her to go with him."

you looked off towards the ground before sighing. 

"maybe the dump site will tell us more," you muttered before walking off down the street once more. reid stared over at you. he wanted to tell you everything with how he was feeling but he didn't want to share these emotions and bury you in them. 

he caught up to you, stopping you where you were walking. 

"_____," he said softly as you looked up at him. "i'm sorry."

you nodded, allowing him to continue as he stared at you. 

"you know that i don't want to bury you in my feelings about everything because if i just let go and told you everything-" he stopped when you pressed your lips on his. he eased into it as you let go. 

"reid," you told him softly while he kept himself close to you. you kept your eyes down on his sweater before looking up at him. "you know you can tell me anything. i'm your girlfriend- i'm here for the hard times in life."

he nodded, pressing a kiss to your forehead before sliding his hand into yours and pulling you along with him. you smiled to yourself. 

"reid, just remember you can tell me anything," you told him as he nodded, smiling to himself. 

'i love you' was all he said back to you.