one hundred and eighty three: cure to nightmares

"hey, hey, you're okay. you're alright," reid said as you sat up in a frenzy from the nightmare you were having. your eyes were watery with tears and your cheeks were stained with tears as well. he looked at you, his hands in yours as you felt the tears coming back to your eyes.

"______, you're okay," he said softly, wiping away a tear that was falling down your cheek. "what's going on in your mind, sweetheart?"

you felt like you couldn't speak at all. your head was in a panic and you couldn't seem to stop the tears that were flowing out of your eyes. morgan came into the main living room as he sat down near the two of you in concern. 

"reid, what's going on with her?" he asked as you continued to stare at him.

"what's going on, _____?" reid asked you gently, holding tightly onto your hands. 

"you were taken from me," you said softly, looking at him with tears in your eyes. "you were taken from me and there was nothing that i could do to stop it." 

"i'm sure there was someway," he began but you shook your head. 

"she took you and she," you started but you couldn't finish before feeling the sense of fright and tears overwhelm you again. reid nodded, holding your hand tightly. 

"it's okay, sweetheart," he said softly. "you can tell me."

you shook your head, looking at him with such sadness in your eyes as he just gave you a confused look. 

"_____," morgan spoke up as you continued to stare at reid with such sadness in your eyes. 

"why did she take you?" you asked him, looking down towards your lap before making eye contact with him once more. "she didn't deserve you."

he cocked his head in confusion, continuing to look at you. 

"who didn't deserve me?" he asked you. your eyes avoided his momentarily before finally connecting once more as you let out a shaky sigh. 

"this girl," you muttered. "it was some hooker."

he nodded, looking back at morgan. 

"i've got this handled," he told him as morgan raised a brow in confusion while reid began to explain. "she's had this dream several times. i'm not sure why but i know how to handle it."

he nodded, getting up and patting reid on the back before going over to the other room in order to sleep. reid turned back to face you, seeing your eyes filled with tears still. 

"sweetheart," he began. "you need to stop worrying about me hooking up with someone. i love you, and you know that, but for some reason your mind can't wrap around that fact."

you sat back on the couch as reid came over and sat down beside you, pulling you into a tight hold as he pressed a kiss to the side of your head. 

"you are one of the best people i have ever met and i know that you doubt yourself but you don't need to," reid said softly to you, feeling your hold on him loosening. "you are incredible. you are so loved, especially by me, so i seriously hope that you understand how much you mean to me over some random girl at a party." 

you nodded, cuddling yourself up further underneath his chin while he kept his hold on you. 

"i love you, spence," you said softly. "can you stay here?" 

he nodded, hearing your breathing pattern evening out as he smiled down at you. 

he was the cure to your nightmares.