one hundred and fifty: romantic tears

author's note: we're halfway to two hundred!! fifty more chapters to go!!
-

"sometimes when i look at reid, i just feel myself growing more and more in love with every part of him. like, it always starts with the way his hair looks in the morning after waking up. then it proceeds to his coffee and how exactly he fixes it. then it goes to what he decides to wear and how he picks it out before it finally coming down to how he looks at me in the morning," you ranted to garcia. you wiped your eyes as you smiled widely.

"why are you crying then?" she asked with a concerned voice. you kept feeling tears come out of your eyes.

"because," you began. "i'm in love with him so, so much and i just don't know how to say it so i just keep crying. spence gets worried about me but i keep telling him it's because i love him so much i can't put it into words."

garcia smiled sweetly at you. "you guys are just so cute. when did you two decide to say the three words?"

"on our year anniversary," you replied back, wiping your eyes again as you looked down at your watch. "oh shit. we have to go to that meeting right now. come on, garcia."

she nodded, walking alongside you while you continued to wipe away the tears that were coming out of your eyes.

"_____, there you are. i've been wanting to talk to you about the most recent movie that i watched because it's the most accurate representation of space today. basically, there are two scientists who-" reid began rambling but stopped when he saw you trying to conceal that you were crying again. "hey, what's wrong? who hurt you? was it me? did i do something? oh my gosh, please tell me i didn't hurt you. i couldn't ever-"

you looked up at him, shaking your head as you let tears roll down your cheeks.

"i love you," you told him softly, pressing a kiss to his lips. when you let go, you let out a soft sigh, looking back up at him.

he smiled, wiping away your tears as you looked up at him with a smile.

"are you sure everything is okay?" he asked you softly as you continued to stare up at him. you didn't say anything but nodded gently.

"yes," you said softly. "i just love you so much and my words can't even describe how much i love you."

he smiled softly, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"maybe we should hang out tonight," he said softly, rubbing your cheek with his thumb before pressing another kiss to your forehead before taking a seat as you did the same.

-
"why do you do that whenever you see me?" he asked you softly as you sat back on his couch while taking a sip of your wine that you had brought over.

"because i love you," you told him softly, setting the glass back down on the coffee table.

"but i've never heard of someone crying whenever they love someone? the studies i've read suggest that crying over your significant other can mean- you know what," he said as you smiled awkwardly at him. "i'm just going to  wait to see what you say."

"spence, i cry because i love you. and i cry a lot because i love you a lot. many people can't say the same," you told him softly. "they can't say the same because they don't love someone as much as i love you."

he smiled, leaning over and laying down on you as you laughed softly.

"good thing you love me as much as you do," reid said softly as you ran your fingers through his hair. he smiled while holding onto you. "because i sure do love getting to protect you."

you laughed, playing now with his hand as he held firmly onto you by his other hand.

"i love you spence," you said softly. "never forget that."