twenty five: proposal

"call me when you can," you told reid before he left that morning to go work on a case. you continued to rub your eyes softly, trying to wake yourself up slightly.

he smiled down at you, pressing a gentle kiss to your forehead. you hummed softly. you were so in love with him, with his beautiful mind and his tenderness towards you.

"i will," he said, feeling you slipping your hand into his before pulling him close to you. you pressed your lips to his softly. sure, you were sleepy but reid couldn't help love you in this state.

"see you soon," he said when he let go.

-
"reid, are you okay?" morgan asked him, standing out by the coffee stand inside the building. he looked down into his pocket to see the box with the ring he had in it.

"yeah, yeah, i'm fine," he said before hotch called everyone into the conference room to discuss a case.

-
"____, could you come up to see me?" reid asked you over the phone while he played with the box in his hand. the case had been profiled and the team was leaving soon but reid had to do this before he left.

"yeah, i'll be up there soon."

-
when you arrived, you saw reid standing in the middle of the room as you came up to him.

"hey, everything okay? don't you have a case?" you asked him sweetly.

he smiled, looking down towards his feet.

"i've never really done this before," he admitted. you kept looking up at him. he was nervous.

"____, love is something that a dictionary defines but to me," he said, pausing as he let out a soft laugh. "you're love."

"reid?" you questioned.

he pulled out the box and got down on one knee as he opened it. you felt tears come to your eyes as you covered your mouth with your hand.

"i've never done this before but-"

"yes! yes, i will!" you exclaimed, watching as he smiled while putting the ring on your finger before you pulled him into your arms.

"oh my god, i love you," you told him, wiping a tear with the back of your hand as you looked down at the ring.

reid chuckled, holding you close to him.

"i love you, pretty boy," you told him sweetly.

you turned to look at the rest of the team, holding up your hand with the ring on it as you smiled widely.

"i'm engaged!" you said aloud.

hotch smiled, getting the rest of the team to come congratulate you and get on the jet.

"congratulations, _____," he said.

morgan chuckled. "you better keep this genius in line, ____. it's your responsibility now."

you chuckled, giving them both a hug as reid smiled, eagerly taking you back into his hold. you smiled towards garcia who grabbed your hand to observe the ring.

"____, how the hell did reid afford something this nice?"

"i have a job, garcia," reid chuckled.

hotch looked down at his watch. "we should get going, reid," he told him. reid nodded, going over and grabbing his bag.

everyone began leaving, prentiss giving you a hug as she was on her way out the door.

"j.j. also says congratulations but she's on the plane already," she explained. you nodded.

when you turned back around, you saw reid was heading your way to leave. he stopped at where you were standing, letting out a soft sigh.

"now, don't go breaking my heart, pretty boy," you told him sweetly. "i can't lose my fiancé."

he smiled down at you, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead as you smiled up at him, closing your eyes briefly.

"i'll see you soon," he told you, grabbing your hand in his once more before leaving. you stood smiling to yourself in b.a.u., garcia coming up and grabbing you in a hug.

"you're going to get married!" she exclaimed.

you laughed.

"and to a doctor, a genius, a profiler. damn, ____. you really got lucky," she said as she let go.

you looked over at reid who was talking to hotch briefly before walking out the door.

"yeah, i really did."