one hundred and seventy five: little smile

"oh my god, that sounds so nice," you said as you and prentiss started walking towards the bau conference room. "i just wish that i could find someone."

"find someone for what?" j.j. asked as the two of you made your way to your seats.

"find someone to date," you replied, sitting down next to reid as he continued to look at his watch before giving you a smile as you smiled back at him. "hey, spence," you said sweetly as he replied back.

"good morning, ____," he replied as he cleared his throat, looking into your eyes briefly before having to look away.

you kept smiling at him sweetly before finally looking away and back towards emily and j.j. who were both looking between the two of you.

"but anyways, i just want to go out on a date for once in my life because i've never dated anyone before," you told them as you looked over towards the door where morgan walked into the room. "wouldn't it be nice to just date a guy who's so giving to you? like, a guy that would follow you to the end's of the earth just to make you happy? a guy that's smart, a guy that's easy to talk to, a guy that's just sweet and-"

"_____, can i talk to you outside for a minute?" emily asked as you nodded, standing up and following her back outside of the room.

"what's up?" you asked.

"are you just blind or something?" she asked.

"pardon?" you asked as emily looked towards the room where reid was sitting and looking through the case file.

"_____," she said. "the person you're describing is reid."

you ran a hand awkwardly through your hair.

"what are you talking about?" you asked.

"you named the characteristics of a guy that's very, very similar to reid. he would do anything for you, _____. i can see that look in his eyes."

you looked into the room, observing him.

"it's that smile again, _____," she told you.

"what are you talking about? what smile?" you asked, clearing your throat as you looked away from reid and back towards the ground now.

"that little smile that you do whenever you find someone attractive," she said. "that's the only time i have seen that smile. it's always been with reid."

"do you study me or something?" you asked her as she shook her head, laughing softly.

"no, no, i just notice your behavior," she replied as you nodded.

"mhmm, sure," you said, walking past her and into the room again as you took a seat next to reid.

he looked back over at you.

emily watched as you did the same little smile again before finally getting the courage to ask him if he wanted to go out later.

he said yes.

and the same smile that she noticed on you, stayed there for the rest of the case reading.