eight: aftermath

he woke up in a sweat, sitting up and clutching his heart as he looked over at you. your eyes were shut as you peacefully slept next to him. he didn't want to wake you up and bother you with this so he took it into his own hands.

walking into the kitchen of your shared apartment, he opened a cabinet and found the bottles of what was used in injection in his torture of being captured.

grabbing a needle he had stolen, he dipped it into the liquid. he shakily placed it on his arm and injected it, falling to the floor of the kitchen with a thud.

-
"reid?" you called out in the morning, getting up from the bed and walking around the place before walking into the kitchen.

"oh my god," you said, seeing him laying on the floor. "oh my god."

you rushed over, getting on your knees and grabbing his phone as you called agent morgan.

"morgan, please," you said, searching around the scene to see if you could find anything that could've caused this.

"____? is everything okay?"

you wiped some of the tears that were running down your cheeks. "please, come fast. he's," you took a pause to breathe. "he's not waking up and i don't know what happened. please."

"____, where are you? we need your address."

"i'm at my home, our shared place. i'll send you our address. please hurry," you said, hanging up the call and texting him the address.

you kept looking down at him. "reid, please wake up."

-
"FBI," you heard morgan say outside of the door. "____, are you in there?"

you nodded to yourself.

"i don't want to leave him. the door is unlocked," you told him, your hand still holding reid's.

morgan, hotchner, emily, j.j., and garcia all entered the house. gidian was out on another trip with another case so he wasn't available.

morgan came over, putting away his gun as he saw you squatting by reid. he got down and joined you.

"i woke up and he was just laying here," you told him, still staring at reid. "i don't know what happened and he isn't waking up."

you wiped the tears from your cheeks as morgan grabbed a bottle from beside reid and picked up the needle.

"he obviously injected something into himself."

you felt more tears roll down your cheeks.

"god, is he gonna be okay?" you asked, looking over at morgan. he nodded.

"there's a way to get him awake but you have to let us take him to a hospital."

you nodded, standing up and letting go of his hand. your eyes wouldn't leave reid, you didn't want to leave him.

"what if he never wakes up?" you asked him.

"he will, ____. just trust us," hotchner said as he brought you away from the scene and outside.

garcia came up and hugged you.

"everything will be alright," she told you.

you nodded, wiping the tears off your cheeks.

-
"is he okay?"

morgan nodded, opening the door as reid walked out from the hospital room. you gently pulled him into your arms, holding onto him like you'd lose him again.

he wrapped his arms back around you.

"don't you ever scare me like that again," you told him, burying your face in the crook of his neck. "don't you ever."

he nodded, looking over at morgan who just nodded. 

"why did you do that, reid?"

he sighed, looking down at you. you weren't moving from your position, still holding onto him and not wanting to let go.

"the nightmares," he told morgan. "they happen every night and i had to get rid of them at one point."

morgan shook his head.

"reid, just talk to her about it. she'll understand. look at how much she cares about you," he said to him.

he looked back down at you, seeing you holding onto him tighter. your grip wasn't loosening.

"i know, i'm an idiot for not waking her up and just talking to her but she was sleeping so peacefully."

"and you gave her a heart attack," morgan stopped him. he nodded.

"i know, and i'm so sorry for that."

morgan nodded.

"just keep her close alright?"