ninety: disappointed (part two)

"reid?" you asked softly as you two walked to the dump site from where you two parked the car. he looked over at you, seeing that your hand was fidgeting with the necklace that he had given you. his hand instinctively went right down to yours as he held onto it tightly. you looked up at him. "i don't know what to do about you."

"about me?" he asked gently. you nodded, looking off to the side, your hand still holding onto his as you tried to hold back the tears that were threatening to come out.

"i just, you're so angry," you told him, feeling the tears come out. you couldn't hold them back anymore. "and that's not you. you're not an angry person- you're so sweet, and gentle, and i love you to death but this is scaring me and i'm not sure what to do about it."

reid stopped walking, still holding your hand as you stopped and looked off to the side. he said your name softly, catching your attention as you looked up at him.

"hey," he said softly. "i'm okay when i'm with you."

"but you're not okay with j.j. and i hate that i'm becoming the middle of this situation because it's tearing me up, reid," you told him gently. he looked off to see the dump site but he couldn't help but feel horrible for what he had done to you. he watched as you wiped away a small tear with one of your fingers.

"_____," he said softly. "i'm so sorry, i never meant for this to happen. you know i want to keep you out of this stuff because it's better for the two of us but i also can't keep my feelings inside when you're my girlfriend."

you nodded, looking down towards the ground before sliding your arms under his as you held him close to you. reid kept his grip on you tight, feeling terrible for what was going on.

"it's just going to take some time," he said softly. "i just can't forgive her that easily when i went to her house for ten weeks and told her exactly how i was feeling."

your grip tightened on him when he said that.

"i love you," he said softly, feeling your grip on him ease up slightly. he smiled to himself before looking over to see the dump site once more. you two did have work to do.

"_____, do you want a kid?" he asked.

"what?" you asked him gently, still holding onto him. he kept his eyes focused on what they were on before.

"do you want a kid?"

"maybe someday," you told him gently. "why are you asking me this?" you asked as you slowly let go of him to look in his eyes.

"i just need a distraction for you," he said gently, rubbing his thumb over your hand. "i can't have you thinking about me being mad at j.j. right now. so, i asked you the question."

you smiled gently towards him before looking off to the side, thinking about what he was saying.

"reid," you said, catching his attention. "before we go see the terrible thing we're about to see, i need to do this to confirm something for me personally."

he nodded, furrowing his eyebrows slightly and cocking his head gently to the side. you gave him a sweet smile before pressing a very brief kiss to his lips. when you let go, he gave you a sweet smile.

"are you sure you're okay?" you asked him once more. "you were talking really briskly on the phone," you said softly.

he kept up his pace with you as you both made your way to the dumpsite. he nodded.

"it's better when you're with me," he said softly. "i can't be around j.j. and be alone with her right now. i just, i needed you in that moment," he said. "i just need you."

blush overwhelmed your cheeks, causing you to smile slightly as you both made your way to the dumpsite.

"we should have a kid," you told him. "i think we should do it."

"are you just focusing on the thing i told you to focus on so you won't pay attention to how i'm acting towards jennifer right now?" he asked.

you smiled to yourself.

"no, spence," you said gently. "i want a kid."

he smiled at you before arriving at the dumpsite and began observing it.

everything was going to be okay.