sixty seven: pretty damn good

"hey, garcia," you said as you entered the room with your child in your arms and a smile on your face. you gently closed the door to her office as she stood up, letting out a soft gasp as you just smiled at her.

"_____!" she said, looking down at your baby. "what are you doing here! didn't hotch tell you-"

"hotch doesn't have to know anything," you told her with a smile. "i'm just trying to give the team a surprise when they come back from the case. when are they coming back, by the way?"

she smiled down at your baby still before answering your question. "they'll be back in about an hour."

you smiled, taking a seat in the extra chair in her office as you held the child against your body.

"may i?" garcia asked softly.

you nodded, standing up and putting him in her arms. "yeah, of course! just be careful," you told her with a smile.

she looked down at him with a wide smile as you pulled back the blanket a little bit to see your son in her arms.

"he looks just like him," she said. you nodded.

"let's hope he got his brains too," you muttered as the two of you laughed. you looked down at your son once more before your phone rang.

"hello?" you asked.

"hey, we're almost back," reid said over the phone.

"okay. what time is almost?" you asked with a slight chuckle.

"in about three minutes," he said. "why? did something happen? is he okay?"

you nodded, tucking your hair behind your ear as you stared down at a picture on garcia's desk. "yeah, yeah, dylan is fine. i just can't wait to see you."

reid chuckled into the phone. "i can't wait to see you too. we're about to land. i'll meet you back at home."

"okay. bye, honey."

when you hung up the phone, you put it back in your pocket and took your child back from garcia. she looked at you with a smile.

"so, you're going to surprise them?"

you nodded. "yeah, in the bau room. reid said they're landing so we should probably go now."

garcia nodded, opening the door and bringing you to the room- opening the doors for you along the way. when you got inside, you looked down at your son with a smile.

"_____, i'm so happy for you both," garcia said. "first, getting married. then, a son? this is just crazy how well the two of you worked out."

you kept the smile on your face, lightly swaying your body to keep a steady rhythm so that your son would keep sleeping.

when you heard the door open to the bau room, you heard reid's voice first.

"____, sweetheart, what are you doing here? you're supposed to be at home," he asked with a smile. "oh my goodness, hey," he said softly when he saw the two of your's son.

you smiled up at him, still holding the baby close to your body. "i felt like you could use this type of surprise when garcia told me about the case."

"what's going on here?" morgan said as he entered the room with the rest of the team.

you turned around to face them all, reid standing behind you as you held your baby.

"hi, guys," you told them. "thought everyone could use a surprise."

"____!" j.j. said with a smile as she and prentiss came over to look at your son. morgan came over, excusing himself to get to you.

"____," he said softly, causing you to look at him. "may i?"

you nodded. "yeah, of course."

you began to hand off your son to morgan gently, making sure to be careful with him as morgan held him with enough care and protection to keep him from harm.

"hey, hey, watch the head," garcia said. "you're smothering him."

"no, no, no," morgan said. "look at him. he's smiling at derrick morgan."

prentiss and j.j. both looked at each other and laughed before saying something. morgan gave them a look before taking your son and going around the room with him.

"i thought i told you to get this place out of your head," hotch said to you as you looked at morgan holding your child while garcia followed him around to keep an eye on your child.

"sometimes you guys need something uplifting. sometimes it's better for all of us," you said before looking up at him. "including the ones who aren't working on the case."

hotch smiled. "i'm happy for the two of you."

"thank you, sir," you told him.

hotch left the room while everyone else stayed.

you came up to reid, wrapping your arms under his and pulling him close to you as you watched morgan holding your child still while garcia kept an eye on him and dylan, your son.

you smiled.

"he's just like you, reid," you told him softly.

"well, we can't technically tell if he'll be like me or not at this stage of life because babies don't develop-"

you pressed a kiss to his lips briefly to shut him up. when you let go, he smiled.

"you always get me."

blush powdered your cheeks as you looked over towards morgan.

"morgan, not to take my son away from you or anything, but can i have him back?" you asked sweetly.

he laughed. "yeah, just come back again soon so we can hold him before he gets too big."

"and too tall," prentiss added.

"and smart," j.j. added on.

you nudged reid with your baby in your arms. "see, i told you that he's like you."

reid just laughed, grabbing his bag and taking the two of you out and to the car to where you would all head home.

"aren't they just so precious," prentiss said with a smile as they watched the two of you walk out of the building. you were laughing at something reid was saying as you held your child close to your body.

"i can't believe that reid is the youngest of us all and he already has a child," j.j. said. morgan chuckled.

"he's a pretty damn good dad," he said.

"he's rarely ever here," garcia chuckled. "if anything, _____ is a pretty damn good mom."

everyone silently agreed with smiles as they all soon parted ways and collected their items.

they were all right. you two were pretty damn good parents.