one hundred and ninety: tomorrow

"hey you," you said softly to reid over the phone as you sat at your kitchen table in your shared apartment. "you on your way back home?" you asked.

"not quite," he replied as you nodded, letting out a sigh.

"did you finish the case?" you asked.

"yeah, we did. we got the guy and surprisingly didn't get caught up in a tornado," he said as you sat up a little.

"you got caught in a tornado?" you asked.

"hey, hey, it's okay. i'm alright and so is the rest of the team. we'll be home tomorrow," he replied, hearing the worry filling your voice.

you nodded, running your fingers through your hair as you let out a small sigh.

"what's up, _____?" he asked sweetly.

"nothing," you muttered.

"i know that tone, sweetheart," he began. "you know that i know you so well."

"i just miss you, that's all. i just want you back here so i can get some really good sleeps in because the lord knows i miss you being next to me," you told him. "i can't wait for you to be back home."

"and i can't wait to be home with you," he replied. "i miss the wonders that your fingers can do in my hair."

you smiled to yourself.

"i love you," you told him softly.

"i love you too," he replied. "and i'll see you very soon. i hope you'll meet me at our spot?" he asked.

you nodded, looking down towards the table.

"always, spence," you replied. "i'll see you soon."