ninety two: we'll have to wait (part two)

i debated it but here we are!!
-

at the hospital, everyone had joined reid in the waiting area of the room afterwards. you were still in labor but he had decided to come out here to see everyone and give them an update.

"how's she doing?" garcia asked, curious to how you were doing after garcia had felt like she was a terrible person for not telling reid earlier about your contractions.

"she's still in labor," he told them. "but she would've wanted me to give you an update so that's the reason why i'm out here. we're not sure when she'll be done."

garcia nodded, looking down as she caught reid's attention.

"garcia, you realize that she's okay, right?"

she looked up at him.

"i feel like a terrible person because i didn't tell you about her contractions," she said gently. "and i just-"

"hey, she's okay. we still got here on time enough for her to be able to go into labor at the hospital," he said. "garcia, she's okay. i'll keep you all updated on when she's done."

-
it was several hours later and you had finally finished giving birth to a baby. as you held her in your arms, you felt all the love flowing out of your body as you stared down at her. reid was next to you, staring down at both of your kid as you looked up at him.

"she's beautiful," you told him gently. he smiled, looking back into your eyes. he gave you a soft smile as you looked back down towards your baby.

"i told you that you could do it," he said softly, getting down to your height as you looked over at him. you felt tears come back to your eyes.

"you always support me and i don't know how you do it," you told him. "i just, i was so scared, reid. and i don't know how you got me to come here."

he smiled, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead as you held the baby close to your body.

"it just took some sweet talk," he said gently as he pressed another gentle kiss to the side of your head. "but you did it. and now you're a mother."

you smiled, keeping your eyes focused on your baby. "i am," you said. "we're parents."

when you heard the door open, you looked up to see the rest of the team members as they came in.

"hey, guys," you said softly as you gave them all a wide, sweet smile as they came over to the bed. "here she is."

"oh, it's a she!" garcia said softly as she gave you a big smile. you chuckled softly, nodding your head to bring her closer to you.

"do you want to hold her?" you asked.

she took a small step back, letting out a confused noise as you laughed.

"garcia, you helped me with the pregnancy pains and getting reid to me," you told her sweetly. "you can hold her, just be careful."

she nodded, gently taking your baby in her arms as she held her close. you smiled up at her, seeing her eyes lit up as she held your baby close to her chest.

"oh my god," she said softly. "she has your eyes, ____."

you laughed gently, watching as she began giving your baby back to you. you gladly took her, holding her close to your body.

"what's her name?" prentiss asked.

you looked up towards reid as he nodded.

"well, we decided on lydia," you told them. reid smiled proudly of his new family, his hand resting on your back softly as you looked up at prentiss still.

"that's a beautiful name," garcia said gently.

"well, we don't want to crowd you two, so we'll be leaving but congratulations," hotch told your with a smile as you smiled back at him.

"thanks, hotch," you said as everyone began leaving once again. you looked back down towards your baby.

"you know that you'll be on baby duty the first few nights, right," you said to reid as he laughed.

"if it took me being on baby duty every night, i'd do it just to make you happy," he said, pressing a kiss to your head as you felt blush arise in your cheeks.

"you're so sweet, reid," you said to him softly as the nurses began to come back in.

"we can let the baby stay in the nursery for the first night so you two can get some rest, if you would like?"

you nodded. "yes, please," you said gently as the nurse took your baby and walked out of the room with her. you laid back in the bed as reid smiled at you.

"it wasn't that hard, was it?" he asked sarcastically.

you let out a heavy sigh.

"i would hit you but i'm so exhausted," you told him. "can you get on this bed too?" you asked.

he nodded, seeing you scoot over as he got onto the bed next to you. you leaned your head over to lay on his shoulder as you let out a heavy sigh, intertwining your hand with his.

"we're parents now, reid," you told him softly.

he smiled to himself. "yes, we are, my sweet, beautiful, ______."

you had already fallen asleep however, with your head resting on his shoulder as you kept your hand intertwined with his. he couldn't help but smile.

you had given birth to a beautiful baby girl.

his beautiful baby girl.

what else could he ask for.