one hundred and eighty five: las vegas (part three)

"how is my _____?" garcia asked reid as he was on the phone with her, outside of the room where you were currently in to give birth in later.

"she's in the hospital so i think that everything with herself is okay," reid said softly, running a hand through his hair, letting out a sigh.

"how are you?" she asked him next, hearing the sigh and knowing that something was up.

"i'm worried," he said. "i just didn't expect her to be going into labor this early on. she wasn't due for another couple of weeks."

"the time was obviously right,"garcia said as he shook his head.

"the time isn't right when i'm having these nightmares about children being murdered," he muttered. "she doesn't deserve this."

"reid," garcia began as he closed his mouth and listened to what she was going to have to say. "_____ loves you a lot, you know that right? i mean, if she didn't, she wouldn't of trusted you to get her pregnant."

reid nodded. "i know but it's still scary for her. i just know that she isn't prepared for this. i haven't even engaged to her yet and we're already having a baby." 

garcia shrugged. "maybe it's a push, for you to engage to her, i mean."

reid sighed, running a hand through his hair. "maybe i should. now seems more right than before."

-
"_____, he's so precious," prentiss said with a smile as you looked up at her from your baby. reid was standing by your side all the while, waiting until the team decided to leave in order for him to talk to you alone. 

"can i talk to you?" he finally decided to speak up as you nodded, looking towards him while holding your baby in your arms. everyone got the memo and decided to leave, morgan staying back to talk to the both of you. 

"take care of yourself, _____," morgan said as you nodded, holding your baby while putting the knuckle of your pointer finger to where your baby could feel it. 

when he left, reid looked back at you, pulling up a chair as he sat down next to you and your baby. 

"_____, are you sure that you're okay?" he asked you sweetly. "because you just gave birth to our baby in las vegas and not at home and on top of that, i've been having these dreams about-"

you nodded. 

"spence," you spoke softly as you held your baby close. "i have you. you are all that i need. i don't care where i give birth or when i give birth, but as long as i have you by my side, i know that everything is going to be okay. i know we aren't even engaged yet but that means nothing to me. we can still raise a baby together."

reid smiled sweetly at you as you looked down towards your baby.

"he looks just like you," you spoke gently as reid chuckled, moving closer to look at your baby. "what should we name our baby? because i have been thinking but i don't think that they are any good."

reid smiled, leaning his head against yours. 

"what about cooper?" he asked as you nodded.

"i love it," you responded as reid pressed a kiss to the side of your head. you looked over at him with a smile on your lips. 

"we have a baby now, spence," you told him softly as he smiled back at you. 

"just as long as you're still the love of my life," he muttered softly as you nodded. 

"i love you, spence."