one hundred and sixty seven: heather

author's note: i know that 'heather' by conan gray is a really sad song but i am trying to picture it in any way but sad so here is my flip on the song!!

disclaimer: listen to heather while reading this!!
-

six months pregnant and you were still the most beautiful woman reid had ever seen in his life. he couldn't stop telling you that and much more that he kept bottled up in his beautiful brain of his.

"spence?" you asked as you both walked to the bau conference room. he nodded, keeping your hand in his while the two of you continued walking together. most of the team was already in the conference room so it was you two and a couple more teammates that everyone was waiting on.

"i want to tell you something," you said, not bothering to stop him as the two of you walked into the conference room together. "actually, she and i want to tell you something."

you waited for him to pick up on the hint of the gender of your baby.

you stood still in the room with the few team members around as reid set his stuff down before looking back at you in sudden realization.

"oh my god," he said. "we're having a girl?"

you nodded, feeling a wide smile come to your lips as you looked at the other team members who were in the room as you. j.j. and garcia couldn't stop smiling as prentiss and morgan exchanged happy glances between themselves and the rest of the group.

"yes, spence," you said softly. "we're having a girl."

you kept one hand on your stomach as reid walked over to you, not being able to help the happiness that was overwhelming him currently. he stared down at your stomach, putting one of his hands softly on top of yours as you looked up at him.

he finally made eye contact with you once more.

"we're having a girl," he said softly as you nodded, continuing to smile.

"she'll be here so soon, spence," you muttered softly, continuing to stare into his eyes as he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead. he didn't want to move away from you now. he wanted to protect you and his baby girl at all costs.

"any name ideas?" you asked softly.

"heather," he said. "i like heather."