one hundred and thirty three: favor

you and the rest of the bau team were out on an important case that was trying desperately to ruin your weekend plans with each other or orr places outside of the town.

"hey, reid," morgan called over while you studied the many composition books that were stacked up neatly on a crate. he stood up from observing the body as he began to walk over to the group.

"what's up?" he asked, walking over to where you stood next to emily as you watched him walk over.

"our man here was a prolific journaler," he began as reid looked at him continually.

"with teeny, tiny handwriting," prentiss said as you continued to observe the journals that were written throughout the entire notebook.

reid chuckled, beginning to explain the reasoning behind it. "he probably had counseling at some point when journaling was part of his therapy."

prentiss looked over at morgan as you studied the final pages of the notebook as reid looked down at you briefly before looking back up at the group.

"that's what we were thinking," she said as they stayed silent. reid looked off awkwardly to the side before making eye contact with them once more.

"and?" he asked, seeing you finally shut the composition book and look up at him.

morgan spoke up for everyone.

"and, uh, well, you know, the two of us," he began. "it would take us like three days to read all of this stuff."

reid nodded, contemplating what they were asking of him as he looked down at you who was still holding onto one of the notebooks.

"you guys owe me," he said, looking between morgan and prentiss before finally making eye contact with you. "especially you."

you leaned your head over to the side as you looked up at him with a raised brow. morgan laughed as he saw reid continuing to stare down at you with a small smile on his lips.

"why especially me? why not especially them?" you asked him sweetly, holding out a notebook still as reid moved closer to you, taking ahold of the notebook before pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"because you can give me more," he responded before taking the notebook from your hands as your face turned beet red and caused you to grow embarrassed as you looked towards the wall of the barn.

prentiss raised her eyebrows in response to this as morgan chuckled when he was walking off and towards the main area of the crime scene.

"actually, _____, you could help me out right now," reid said as you looked back up at him. "you could stay with me and help me read these since, you know, you are my girlfriend and you do owe me more than them."

you lightly punched him in the arm as he smiled sweetly down at you.

"if you wanted my help, just ask, pretty boy," you told him, taking one of the journals off the stack as you sat down next to him, beginning to read as reid read quickly.

you kept studying the words, trying to find any connection as morgan and prentiss went off to the other part of the crime scene.

"wait, here's something," he muttered, leaning over so that your heads were nearly touching as he showed it to you. you nodded in response before taking the journal from his hands.

"i'll pay up that favor when we get home, spence," you told him as you stood up to go show the other agents. you pressed a kiss to his cheek before getting up and going over to show what you two found.

reid couldn't help but smile to himself.