one hundred and sixteen: baby wants

"still no luck?" emily asked j.j. as reid sat in the seat next to you as j.j. nodded in response to her question.

"yeah," she said. "i guess getting a sitter on a saturday night just isn't possible."

"reid could do it for you, j.j.," you spoke up as you looked up from the book you two were looking at. reid looked at you, observing your body movements before catching your eye.

"what?" you asked him, observing the look in his eye as he let out a sigh, looking down towards the table.

"do you just enjoy signing me up for his jobs?" he asked you gently as you smiled at him, searching his eyes for any sign of annoyance but you couldn't find any.

the two of you grew silent, just constantly staring each other in the eyes.

"what kind of conversation are you two having?" emily asked the two of you, causing you to look away and reply.

"it's nothing," you replied, smiling over at reid once more before continuing to reply. "but reid can do it. can't you, honey?" you asked him sweetly.

he cleared his throat a little, sliding back down into the seat as you raised your eyebrow in his direction.

"yeah, yeah," he started. "i can do that."

j.j. smiled as she nodded. "we'll only be out for a couple of hours. _____ can always call you to make sure everything's going alright."

you nodded, looking over at him as he continued to read the book you had given him. his eyes were reading faster than he normally did as you kept looking at him.

"reid, can we talk after we land?" you told him. he nodded, continuing to read the book as you nodded, looking up at emily as you smiled before looking back down at the book.

-
when you got off the jet, you began walking to the main part of the bau building as reid began to walk past you. you reached out, grabbing his hand in yours as you took him away from his book that was a distraction.

he looked down at you, nodding as you began walking with him to the conference room where everyone went to discuss the cases.

you shut the door behind you as reid took a seat in one of the chairs. you sat down on the table in front of him as you looked down at him.

"everything okay?" you asked him. he nodded, smiling gently towards you. you continued to stare him dead in the eyes. "reid?"

"i just don't get the random volunteering me for jobs," he said softly as you looked off to the side. reid continued to look at you with love filling his eyes.

"i can tell j.j. that i can do it instead," you told him as he let out a sigh, standing up in front of you as he pulled you close to him.

you held onto him, resting your head on his chest.

"is that a no?" you asked him as he kept silently holding you close to his body.

"_____, i don't understand why you volunteer me," he began as you let go of him, pressing a kiss to his cheek as he smiled. "never mind."

you laughed. "so could you do it tonight?"

he nodded. "you better be calling in sometime so j.j. can know i'm handling the situation well. and besides, how bad can two hours be?"

-
"reid?" you asked loudly while on the phone. "reid? hello?"

"_____, maybe go outside of the club so that i could hear you better," reid said softly as you nodded, turning around to see garcia, prentiss, and j.j. still taking shots as you smiled before leaving the bar.

"reid, hey, how's everything going?" you asked him as he laughed on the other end of the line. "what is it? something wrong?"

"no, everything is fine," he said with a cheery voice.

"then why did you call me?" you asked him.

"i just wanted to check in," he said softly as you nodded, smiling to yourself as you sat down on the curb. "everything okay?"

"yeah, yeah, i'm all good," you replied. "i think i might want to go home or at least go see you." 

"why's that?" reid asked sweetly.

"i want to be with you," you said sweetly. "the girls are getting a little too drunk for my liking. i'd rather be able to stand tomorrow."

reid laughed lightly on the other end of the call.

"you might need to drive them home," reid chuckled as you smiled to yourself, tucking a loose piece of hair behind your ear as you continued to sit on the curb.

"i'll get them a cab. they're too wasted to even talk to right now. they just need to go home," you told him. "i'll be bringing j.j. back and then we can leave."

he nodded, keeping an eye on the baby as he slept peacefully in his bed. reid smiled to himself.

"i'll be there soon," you told him as you stood up from the curb and went inside to get the girls. "i love you, spence."

"i love you too," he replied, hanging up the call and admiring j.j.'s baby.

he was thinking.

-
"is she okay?" reid asked you as you came up to the front door and closed it behind you, locking it as you placed the spare key to her home under the potted plant.

you grabbed his hand in yours as you two got in the back of the cab before you laid your head back on the seat.

"yeah, she's all good," you told him, exhaling lightly as you closed your eyes and continued to hold onto his hand as his eyes stared continually at you. "i'm so tired," you muttered, leaning over and laying your head down on his shoulder as you kept your eyes shut.

reid smiled, rubbing his thumb over your hand.

"we should have a baby," he muttered softly to you. you sat up, your tired eyes looking at him with a confused expression.

"what?"

"we should have a baby," he said softly. "i want to have a baby."

you smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek as you rest your face against the side of his.

"we can have a baby, if you really want to," you told him sweetly as you continued to rest your face against his. your eyes remained closed as you kept a tired smile on your lips.

"i want to," he said softly. "when i was taking care of j.j.'s baby, i couldn't help but love him and want to have a baby of our own."

you smiled to yourself. "well," you said softly. "we should get started soon then if we really want a baby."

he smiled, pressing a kiss to your forehead as you proceeded to fall back asleep.

"we can try tomorrow night," you told him sweetly. "i'm too tired right now."

he nodded. "whenever you want to. i'm willing to do it whenever you feel ready."

you smiled, continuing to rest yourself against him as he smiled to himself.

you two were going to have a baby. and he was happy about it.