fifty eight: journal entries

"did you know that i can't ever show reid any of my journals because he'll read them in like three seconds," you told garcia who laughed.

"i'm not surprised. that kid has been reading quickly since day one," garcia responded with a smile. "has he ever stolen one to read it though? what do you even write about?"

you blushed, taking a sip of coffee before shrugging. "that's for me to know."

"is it about reid? oh my gosh, is it about your love story? are you writing a book about the two of you? oh my gosh, please tell me it's both," garcia began rambling.

you laughed. "garcia," you began. "it's my private thoughts, feelings, emotions, and dreams."

"dreams? are you-" she gasped. "oh my gosh, you're having those types of dreams about reid?"

you shook your head. "oh my god, no, garcia! my dreams about the future!"

you two entered the room that everyone was sitting in as you sat down next to morgan, looking through your bag to see if you could find your journal to make a note of not speaking so openly about everything you wrote down. you kept digging, not being able to find it as you researched your entire bag.

when you looked up, you saw reid chuckling as you grew bright red. hotch began dismissing everyone as you got up and followed reid out of the room very quickly, snatching your journal from his hands as you shoved it down into your purse.

"wow, _____," he chuckled. "is this what you think about me?" he asked with a smirk. "is it what you dream about?"

you covered your face with your hands, standing there for a moment before taking your face out of your hands as you looked up at him.

"i can't help it," you muttered, looking at him before looking away to speak your next statement. "you do things to me," you muttered.

he chuckled. "oh? like, is it loving things or is it-"

you shook your head, looking back up at him.

"how did you even get my journal?" you asked him, looking at it down in your purse. when you looked back up at him, he was just smiling.

"i stole it from your purse this morning."

"oh my god," you smiled. "that's why you were up early! you were stealing my journal! why did you even want to look in it?"

he continued to smile, bringing you into his hold. "you're always writing in there so i wanted to see what you were saying."

you hummed at the contact between you two as you wrapped your arms around his neck. "that's an invasion of privacy, reid."

he pressed a kiss to your temple. "well," he said softly. "if you ever want to tell me any of these dreams, you know-"

you let go of him, giving him a brief kiss and smiled at him. "can i have you on the plane?"

he nodded. "yeah, yeah, of course."

-

after going through the different parts of the crime scene, hotch dismissed everyone once more to enjoy some time alone before heading straight into the case.

you excused yourself from your conversation with morgan and prentiss before taking a seat on reid's lap. you took the book he was holding in his hands and set it down on a table next to you.

he grew confused.

"what are you doing?" he asked with a confused smile. his arms were resting around your waist loosely as you took out your journal.

"do you want to read it?" you asked him.

"i already read-"

you shook your head. "no, no," you shook your head, leaning back onto him. "i have multiple journals, reid. i just don't feel safe sharing them."

"not even with me?" he asked softly. you sighed, laying your head down in the crook of his neck as you studied it.

"i have to guard myself," you muttered, pressing yourself further into him. "there are just some things that i need to keep to myself."

he cocked his head slightly, resting it on yours.

"you can read it," you told him softly. "i trust you. i trust you more than any of these people here."

"you trust me over morgan?" he asked.

you nodded.

"you're my boyfriend, reid. you're," you paused. "you mean so much more to me."

he nodded, taking the journal from your hands as you felt your heart begin to pound. your deepest feelings were in these journals but you trusted reid.

"you're sure you want me to read these?" he asked you once more. you knew then and there that you needed him to read these. you trusted him more than everyone.

you nodded. "yes," you told him. "i trust you, honey. more than anyone else."

he nodded, proceeding to open the journal and began reading. he finish within two minutes as you laid there and played with the ring on his hand.

he set down the journal.

"oh," he muttered.

you nodded, slipping your hand into his after getting bored of playing with the ring.

"it's all true," you muttered.

he didn't say anything but pressed a soft kiss to your cheek as you leaned into his touch. when he let go, you squeezed his hand tighter. he got the message, pressing his lips back onto your cheek as you smiled once again, leaning further into his touch.

he chuckled, letting go once more as his grip grew tighter around you.

"how come you love this so much?" he asked.

"love what?" you muttered out, trying to get him back to what he was doing before but he wanted to keep asking you questions.

"you love it when i kiss your cheek," he muttered. "why is that?"

you sighed, holding onto his hand a tiny bit tighter. "it's a form of endearment, honey. it makes me feel good."

he chuckled, resting his head against yours.

"like this journal entries that you-"

you turned to face him, pressing your lips on his to shut him up. when you let go, you observed his eyes, giving him a sweet smile.

"yes, reid. like the journal entries."

you laid your head back down in the crook of his neck. reid smiled before sighing.

"what?" you asked.

"can i have my book back," he asked sweetly.

you laughed softly, sitting up and grabbing the book in your hands as you gave it back to him. after placing it in his hands, you watched him open it and immediately start reading.

you pressed a kiss to his cheek, seeing him smile afterwards as you laid your head back down.