seventy: be with him (part two)

it was your second day without reid and morgan's thirteenth attempted call to you just that day. you hadn't been sleeping well or eating enough or even going to work on time or at all- you were so worried about him.

when you heard a knock on the door, you slowly got up from the couch you had been sleeping on as you opened it with an evident lack of sleep in your face and a frown.

"_____, i've been trying to call you to check in," morgan said. you didn't say anything but looked towards the socks on your feet. "how are you holding up?" he asked softly.

"i want him," you muttered.

morgan sighed, peeking around into your apartment. "have you been sleeping on the couch and not in your own bed?"

"reid and i- we-" you stopped, shaking your head. "yes."

morgan sighed. "_____, you only have one more day to this and then you can get him back. they just have to make sure he's okay to come back to you."

you nodded. "i know."

"how's your job been?" he said, switching the topic.

"i don't know," you muttered, going and laying back down on the couch as you pulled the blankets back up to you.

"have you not been going?"

"they gave me things to do online so i did them," you muttered.

"oh, so you have been working. okay, that's good. well, i'll see you tomorrow, _____. stay safe."

you fell back asleep as soon as he shut the door.

-
the next afternoon, you woke up to another few knocks on the door before hearing two people talking. you got nervous, getting up and grabbing your gun from beside the couch.

when you opened the door, you saw reid and morgan standing there. you nearly threw yourself into reid's arms as you held on to him tightly.

"i missed you," you said into the crook of his neck. he laughed gently, his arms wrapped around you tightly.

"i missed you too. i thought you were staying the night the day that you came to see me for the first time?" reid questioned.

morgan sighed. "it wasn't the best choice. plus, kid, you were asleep."

he nodded. "oh, okay."

"well, i'll leave you two alone. goodbye, _____."

you were too busy enjoying the feeling of being back in reid's arms that you didn't hear him.

-

that night was filled with you laying on reid and asking him questions as to how he even got into the situation in the first place. wouldn't hotch had warned him before hand?

"it was my fault," he muttered as he ran his fingers through your hair as you stared down towards the ring on your finger. "i went in there without observing the area. but i found the cure so it was suddenly okay."

you didn't say anything but continued to lay there as you waited for him to say something, anything, else.

he didn't for a moment before speaking back up.

"_____," he began as you readjusted yourself on his body. he placed his hand on your back. "morgan told me about what happened while i was in the hospital."

you didn't move but messed with one of the buttons on his shirt. you swallowed thickly but didn't want to say anything.

"____, you have to learn that we can live without each other. you have your own life- i know you do. i get it if you want to be with me, but you have to be okay without me."

you nodded. "i know."

he let out a sigh. "i think we should get some sleep."

you nodded, pushing yourself up further into his body and into the crook of his neck. reid tightened his grip on you as the two of you fell asleep.