thirty one: jealousy

"so, this would give him the best angle and area to gawk at women as they pass," hotch said, noticing reid looking over at a passing woman.

"just like you're doing now," he reminded him.

emily laughed. "wow, an iq of 187 is suddenly slashed down to sixty," she said. "what would ____ think-"

you cleared your throat from behind them all, coming up to where reid was standing as you pulled him away from the rest of the group.

"reid?" you questioned, raising a brow.

he nervously played with his watch as he stared down at you, avoiding eye contact every now and then.

"you care to say something?"

"i wasn't gawking at them, ____. i'm doing this all for the case. you know how i work-"

"not by staring at other women like you'd rather be with them," you interrupted. "do you want to break up and this is your way of telling me?"

there was a sudden fear in your eyes as you looked up at him. reid immediately responded.

"no, no, no," he said, awkwardly placing a hand on your shoulder. even after two years of dating, reid still couldn't believe you were his girlfriend. "i don't want to leave you, never in my life. do you know how much harder this job would be without you to help me through it all?"

you nodded, still staring up at him.

"sorry for being so jealous," you muttered, finally looking down towards your feet.

reid shook his head, removing his hand and tucking it into his pocket. looking back up, you slowly wrapped your arms around his neck and held onto him while standing on your tiptoes to feel closer to him.

"i just really love you, reid," you said softly.

reid smiled, taking his hands out from his pockets as he held back onto you.

"i really love you too."