one hundred and ten: cooking lesson

the multiple days of being on the case, you had never experienced reid being so angry with someone before. on the plane ride back home, you sat with him as you two looked at something in a book while you laughed gently at his comments on the book's material.

"what about that one?" you asked him. he shook his head while looking at it and reading the material surrounding it.

"too flashy," he said softly as you laughed with him. the laugh was soft as to not wake anyone else that was sleeping on the way home.

"i don't think a squid can be that flashy, spence," you said with a laugh as you looked at another one.

"sure it can. squid can change-" he began but you and reid both looked up when you felt someone coming to sit in front of the two of you.

"hey, _____, can i speak to reid for a minute? alone?" emily asked you as you nodded, looking up at him and giving him a smile. reid pulled you to him, pressing a kiss to your cheek before letting you go off and sit somewhere else while you waited for him.

"what did you need to talk about?" he asked as he looked back down at his book that he was reading with you. his mind kept wandering to wanting you back next to him.

"look," she began. "i know you're angry at us for not telling you what really happened but i promise you, we had no choice."

he didn't look up at her but continued to read the book as he flipped the page.

"are you gonna go to rossi's tomorrow?" she asked in a somewhat pleading tone. she didn't want any hurt feelings between reid and the team. it made it all very awkward to work with.

"i'm not so sure i can make it," he muttered as he continued to read the book and ignore her.

"not even _____ could convince you to come?"

"_____ can go if she wants, she doesn't have to stay behind because of me. i never force her to do anything because she's her own person," he muttered. "but if she doesn't want me to come or is okay with me staying home, she'll leave me alone. if she really wants me to be there, i'll go."

emily nodded, sighing again as she got up and went back over to a different seat as you came over to where reid was and sat back down in your seat next to him.

he looked over at you, seeing you staring towards the table before looking back up at him with a small smile.

"spence," you began. "are you gonna go?"

he shrugged, looking at you. he didn't want to take his eyes off of you.

"i'm not sure," he muttered, still holding the book as you nodded, leaning over and laying your head down on his chest as you let out a small sigh. "everything okay?" he asked you.

you nodded. "i'm not gonna force you to go if you don't want to," you said softly, your eyes reading over the page as reid smiled to himself.

"what were you saying about squids?" you asked him as you sat up, looking up at him as he smiled to himself.

"squids can change color. they're in a group of cephalopods that include octopi and cuttlefish that are masters in the art of color change. it can be used for defense mechanisms and camouflage. so, a squid can be flashy. especially when it's disturbed or feels like it's being threatened," he rambled on as you laughed softly again.

"wait, what about this animal?" you asked him. "isn't that-"

"it's an irukandji jellyfish," reid said as you smiled to yourself while looking at the picture of the jellyfish. reid laughed softly. "you do realize that's one of the most venomous jellyfish in the world, right?"

you humphed lightly, causing him to look at you. you kept smiling to yourself as you observed the photo.

"but it's so cute," you said gently. reid laughed, resting his head against yours as you both kept looking at the book.

-
that night, you finished getting your outfit on as you walked over to reid as he sat on the bed while continuing to read one of the many books he had.

"you're sure you don't want to come?" you asked him as you leaned forwards on the bed. he looked over at you with a sweet smile.

"yeah, i'm sure," he said softly as you sighed, sitting up with a smile. you pat the bed lightly before beginning to walk over to the door. you grabbed your phone and walked back over to reid as you took a seat down next to him.

he looked over at you in confusion.

"are you going?" he asked sweetly as you leaned over and laid your head down on the side of his shoulder.

"i want to," you told him. "but i'm torn between going and then staying here with you."

"you don't have to stay here just because of me not going," he said gently. you nodded, letting out a sigh as you picked up his book from his hands and set it open on the nightstand before laying yourself down on him. he looked down at you, running his fingers gently through your hair.

"i know," you told him. "but i love you. i think it would be nice for you to go meet up with the team."

he sighed, continuing to run his fingers through your hair.

"but you're also giving me a stellar feeling," you muttered softly as you closed your eyes as you searched for his hand. he gave it to you while you let out a happy sigh.

"what time does it start?" he asked you.

"seven o'clock," you muttered as you began to loosen up while laying on him. he could feel you beginning to fall asleep and he didn't want to stop you or wake you up. but he also didn't want you to miss something in case you wanted to go.

"_____, are you still gonna go?" he asked you softly but you didn't respond.

you had fallen asleep as he continued to run his fingers through your hair. he couldn't help but smile to himself as he stared down at you in such affection.

your phone began buzzing lightly, causing him to look over towards the bedside table. he picked it up, seeing it was garcia who was calling you.

he picked up the phone.

"hello?" he asked gently as he continued to stare down at you with a small, sweet smile on his lips.

"oh, reid, hi," garcia said. "i thought it would be _____. where is she, by the way?"

"she's here, with me," he muttered.

"is she coming?" she asked him as reid shook his head.

"she's asleep," he said softly.

"she's asleep?" garcia asked him as he nodded.

"yeah, she's asleep," he repeated. "i don't want to wake her up to make her go because she's so relaxed right now and i've never seen her this loosened up before."

garcia chuckled softly. "okay, pretty boy. have fun you two. tell _____ to call me tomorrow morning."

reid nodded. "okay, i will. bye, garcia."

he ended the call, putting your phone back on the bedside table as he looked back down at you. he couldn't get over how gentle you looked right now.

"goodnight, my sweet, _____. i love you with all my heart," reid said softly as you continued to lay peacefully on his body.