seventy eight: he's protective

"so he would've come in through the back of the house?" you asked prentiss as she turned to reid who just shook his head.

"no, there's no way. not when he exited out the front door. he would've entered the same way that he exited," reid muttered.

prentiss nodded. "i'm going to go downstairs and look at the damage that was caused to the front door."

you nodded as you walked over to another part of the house to look at some more evidence that was found. reid stayed in the other room, looking through files.

"you sure seem to know what you're doing," a guy said to you as you looked up from observing the evidence.  you chuckled a little awkwardly as you got a confused look on your face as you walked past the guy to go look at the other evidence.

"i would hope so considering that its my job," you chuckled. the guy laughed along with you as you gave him another odd look before looking at one of the picture frames on the desk. you picked it up, looking at it as you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"reid, do you think that-" you paused as you turned around to see that it was the guy. you took a step back as you set down the picture frame. "i'm, uh, i'm trying to work."

he nodded. "i know, and i can help. i can also help you later after this case is finished. maybe a drink?"

you shook your head.

"what? not confident enough?" he questioned. "you're beautiful."

"we need to be working on this case," you muttered, trying to push past him but he shook his head.

"no," he muttered. "i mean, i know, but still. answer my question now."

"i actually have a boyfriend," you told him. he kept staring into your eyes.

"that's an excuse," he muttered.

you shook your head. "no, i actually do," you told him again. "it's the other agent in there. and he's known to be a little protective if another guy hits on me so." 

the guy chuckled. "you know, you could break  that off."

"okay," you said with an annoyed smile as you walked out of the room. the guy followed you as you met back up with reid.

"hey, honey," you started as you came over to where he was. he gave you a sweet smile as you intertwined your hand with his while the guy came back in.

"i think we need to go see prentiss before we go talk to hotch," reid said as he began to let go of your hand and walk back downstairs but you held onto his hand together, only causing him to stop his walk out of the house.

you continued to stare forwards as reid looked over at you with confusion.

"_____, what's going on?" he asked. you just pulled him closer to you as you continued to stand with your back towards the other guy.

"i think i'm going to go downstairs and back to the station," the guy said. "see you around."

you heard the guy leave as you turned around, seeing he was gone before looking at reid.

"he was hitting on me," you told him as you saw him look over towards where the guy had just left.

"oh," he muttered.

you nodded. "look, just don't get too overprotective right now," you told him. "we need to focus on this case before we do anything else."

he nodded, giving you another look before pressing a kiss to your forehead. you smiled at him, following him downstairs to go finish the rest of the case.