one hundred and six: fight

"spence," you told him softly. "i'm sorry."

he just shook his head, walking away from you as you felt tears come into your eyes before feeling one fall down your cheek.

"_____," morgan began as you quickly wiped the tears off your cheeks before turning around to face him.

"yeah?" you asked, sniffing a little as you cleared your throat and looked up at him.

he raised an eyebrow, immediately becoming concerned. "_____, what's wrong?" he asked as you shook your head.

"nothing," you said. "nothing is wrong. what's up?" you asked as he paused for a moment to observe you. you kept your eyes looking off towards where reid had walked away from you before looking back at him. "morgan, what's going on?" you asked again.

he cleared his throat and let out a sigh before responding. "well, hotch wanted you and j.j. to go over some of the information that garcia gave to us."

you nodded. "okay," you said softly as you began walking out of the room. morgan turned around to look at you as you sadly walked out of the room. you tried to keep the tears in but you felt another slip down your cheek. upon walking into the room where reid was in, you wiped your cheeks before looking up and briefly making eye contact with him.

he kept his eyes on you while you took a seat next to j.j. who already had some of the information that garcia had sent.

"we need to go over some of the information from garcia about the halfway houses," she told you. "the team is heading out to go visit them and get some more information."

you nodded, sitting back in your chair as you tried to focus on the case but your head was burning with everything that had happened between you and reid.

"_____, hey, _____," j.j. said as you snapped out of your stare towards the table before looking at her. "what's going on? is everything okay?"

you nodded, feeling reid staring at you before leaving the room. you looked up towards his back as you watched him walk away from you.

"did something happen between you two?" j.j. asked as you stared back down at the table with tears in your eyes.

"i think he might break up with me after this," you told her with tears about to run down your cheeks. "j.j., i can't lose him. i can't."

"hey, hey," she said causing you to look at her. "i'm sure whatever he's going through is going to get better. he's never been so angry before but i know that he'll always soften up with you."

"but i didn't tell him about emily," you said. "and he's so angry at me for it. but you know that i couldn't tell anyone."

she nodded. "i know," she muttered. "i know. i'm sure he'll remember that it's you and he'll come to his senses. you'll be okay."

you nodded, wiping away some of the tears that had fallen as you looked at the information garcia had sent you two.

-
later on the plane ride back, you stayed seated in your chair as you stared out the window mindlessly. you saw someone sit down in front of you, causing your heart rate to speed up. upon looking up, you saw reid was sitting in front of you.

your eyes searched his nervously before looking back out the window. he cleared his throat softly before speaking.

"_____, i'm sorry," he said, causing you to look at him. "i'm just angry about the whole situation. it's weird, you know? it's like she died but she technically didn't."

you nodded, looking back at him.

"you know that i'd never break up with you either, right?" he said sweetly. you blinked a few times before responding.

"how did you know-" you began but he sighed.

"j.j. told me what you said and it somewhat snapped me back into reality. you're breaking my heart, _____, whenever you say something like that. just because i'm angry, sometimes at you but mostly at the situations, doesn't mean i'm breaking up with you."

you took a shaky inhale before meeting his eyes once more.

"_____," reid began again as you looked into his eyes that were soft for you. "no matter how angry i am, either at you or a situation, i would never, ever break up with you."

you ran a hand through your hair as you looked at him with tears once more in your eyes. you felt your stomach twisting into a knot and you just wanted to cry again. you slowly got up and moved over to the side that he was on.

he grabbed your hand in his gently, causing you to immediately wrap your arms around him as you felt tears coming out of your eyes.

"oh my god, _____," he said softly. "it's okay. shh, shh, it's alright."

"i thought i was going to lose you, reid. you're so important to me and i screwed up so much by not telling you but-"

"you couldn't," he finished your sentence for you as you nodded. he held back onto you as he felt your heart rate slowing itself down. "i didn't think i was hurting you this badly. don't think i would ever leave you over a situation like this. you're so much more important to me."

you nodded, slowly letting go of him as you looked at him in his beautiful, hazel brown eyes causing you to smile and press a kiss to his cheek. after letting go, you rest your head against the side of his.

he smiled to himself, slipping his hand back into yours as you let out a soft sigh. he looked over at j.j. who smiled.

'thank you' he mouthed as she nodded, looking over towards you to see you had fallen asleep against him.

he looked down to see you had fallen asleep and smiled to himself, tightening his grip on your hand while you peacefully kept sleeping against him.

he never wanted to make you feel like that from a fight again.