one hundred and sixty nine: best for her (part two)

author's note: i wanted to make another part:)
-

"what makes you so jealous of j.j.?" reid asked you that night as you two sat on the couch together.

your legs were entangled with each other's, your arms underneath his that were wrapped around you as he held you close to him. your head was resting on his chest as you let out a sigh.

"sometimes i feel like she likes you or something," you muttered, readjusting your head on his chest as he looked down at you. "and that gets into parts of my brain that i can't handle."

reid pressed a kiss to the side of your head, causing you to look up at him. he gently brushed some of the hair out of your face as you stared up at him.

"there is nothing for you to be worried about, darling," he said softly. "why aren't you ever jealous of prentiss or garcia?" he asked, suddenly realizing.

you coughed a little, looking back down towards the ground as you shifted on him slightly. he nodded, smiling to himself.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked sweetly.

you didn't make eye contact but continued to stare towards the coffee table.

"what about that hooker in vegas?" he asked, seeing you beginning to shift uncomfortable. "you know, the one wearing the red dress and the high heels? the one who offered to take me and we could go do-" he began but you stood up off of him.

you felt tears coming to your eyes as you faced away from him, putting your hand up to cover your mouth as you nervously played with your lip softly.

"hey, hey," he said. "i was joking around, come here."

you shook your head, looking down towards the floor as you ran your fingers through your hair.

reid stood up, coming over to where you were as he pulled you into a hug, turning you around to be facing him.

he began softly humming your favorite song to you, causing you to close your eyes as you listened to him. you slowly reached up, wrapping your arms around his neck as you held him close to you.

reid nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck.

"i never meant to hurt you, angel," he said softly. "i thought you were going to open up about all the issues you're dealing with."

you kept your eyes closed as you let out a sigh.

"spence," you said softly. "i'm jealous but sometimes, i just don't want to talk about it. especially with that hooker. i got drunk that night just so you would pay attention to me and not her."

"why would i pay attention to her?"

"she was flashing a lot, spence," you muttered.

he chuckled, tightening his hold on you.

"you were flashing more, angel," he said. you got a confused look on your face as he nodded. "don't tell me that you didn't almost hit on morgan, remove your jacket, and unbutton the top two buttons of your shirt not to get my attention," reid said.

"maybe i was hot, i don't know," you muttered, knowing damn well you did it in order to get his attention.

"don't lie to me, _____," reid muttered, pressing a soft kiss to your neck before letting go as he looked down at you. "you and your jealousy, sweetheart."

he chuckled softly as you wrapped your arms back around his neck.

"i'm only jealous for you, spence," you muttered. "gotta give you all of my love."

he smiled, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"i only want what's best for you," he said softly as the two of you began to sway to the music that reid was humming for you.