one hundred and seventy two: you're just drunk, pretty boy

"where's your boyfriend, _____?"

you took a sip of your drink, looking around the room as garcia tried to help you look around. when you spotted him, you set your drink down.

"oh jesus, he's drunk," you muttered, running hand through your hair.

"reid's drunk?" garcia asked in surprise. "when does that ever happen?"

you sighed. "yeah, he does this sometimes. it's not the most common thing."

"why does he do it?" she asked.

you shrugged, tucking some hair behind your ear as you both walked over to where he was sitting on a couch.

it was located near the back of the bar while morgan was talking to some girl.

you came and sat down next to reid who gave you a happy smile, holding onto his drink. you gave him a soft smile back, holding his hand in yours.

"hey, spence," you said softly. "we should probably go home."

"why?" he asked, looking at you with a sweet smile as he pressed a kiss to your temple.

"you're drunk, pretty boy," you told him softly. "we should really get going home."

"i'm not drunk," he said softly, leaning closer to you. "if i were drunk, i wouldn't know how to understand just exactly how beautiful you are."

you blushed, clearing your throat as you stood him up to bring him home.

"spence, we really need to get going."

he smiled down at you, leaning closer as you cleared your throat, looking up at him.

"spence," you said softly. "you're drunk, honey."

"i'm not so sure about that," he said.

morgan looked over at the two of you, seeing you holding up reid as you tried to get him out of the building.

"excuse me," he said to the girl, going over to where you were trying to get reid out of the building but he kept leaning into you.

"hey, everything okay?" he asked as you nodded, tightly holding onto reid as he finally spoke up.

"hey, hey, back off buddy," he said, pulling you tightly to him. "this is my girlfriend and yes, i know she's the most beautiful girl in the world but you aren't allowed to touch her. she's my beautiful, incredible girl and i love her so much so maybe just back-"

"hey, hey," you said softly to him, causing him to look down at you. "it's just morgan."

he tightened his hold on you when you said that.

"okay," you said softly. "we should probably get going. spence is being a little jealous."

morgan chuckled. "clearly. tell him in the morning that i forgive him."

you nodded, smiling at him as you continued to hold onto reid as he began to pull you slowly outside of the building.

-
"morgan said he forgives you," you told reid the next morning as he sat low in his chair. you kept your eyes on him.

"forgives me for what?" he asked, rubbing his eyes lightly as he let out a sigh. he closed his eyed to block the light from them.

"you don't remember?" you asked.

he shook his head.

"for once," he muttered. "my brain doesn't remember anything that happened last night."

you smiled at him, causing him to ask you why before allowing you to answer.

"you're so jealous, spence," you laughed.

he groaned, sinking lower in his seat.

"what did i say? wait, did i say it to morgan? what did i say?" he repeated his question.

you sighed, spinning around gently in your chair as you responded to him.

"you were complimenting me, as you usually do, but you did it to morgan," you said. "and i'm not sure if he noticed this but your grip on me was tight. i've never felt you hold onto me so tightly before, spence."

he reached out, grabbing your hand in his as he let out a small sigh, catching your attention away from the ceiling.

"i love you, spence," you told him sweetly.

"i love you too," he replied, tightening his grip on your hand as you smiled to yourself, looking at him with soft eyes.

"it might be better if you don't get as drunk as you did last night though," you replied, causing him to nod.

"that might be best."