one hundred and eighty four: wide smiles

"you've changed a lot in the last seven years," you told reid softly as you laid nearly on top of him.

"really?" he asked you, his hand resting on your back and his other behind him, underneath the pillow to keep his head up. "i thought that i was pretty much the same as i always have been."

you looked at him, sitting up in order to make full eye contact with him.

"well, like," you began. "you've become more open and not as awkward as you used to be. i had to ask you if i could kiss you while at work because you were so awkward but now, you don't even hesitate to do anything with or without question."

he chuckled, pressing a brief kiss to your lips before laying back down.

you smiled sweetly at him, staring into his eyes.

"see? that's what i mean," you began. "you aren't afraid to kiss me or hug me in private or even in public. especially at work, you're like an animal, spence."

he sat up, causing you to sit up as well.

"an animal?" he asked, laughing some as you nodded.

"you don't remember that day when i was just trying to go talk to garcia and you wouldn't let me?" you said. "you really like that empty office near garcia's office, don't you?" you asked, smirking slightly.

reid chuckled, moving towards you as he got on top of you.

"mhmm," he muttered. "i like the office better when you are in it."

he pressed a kiss to your lips as your hands wandered up onto his back.

when he let go, you smiled up at him.

"smooth, spence," you said softly, pulling him back down towards your lips before hearing your phone ring. "shit, can you grab my phone for me?" you asked.

he nodded, handing it to you as he cuddled himself onto you, his arms resting on your body as he kept his head close to the crook of your neck while the two of your legs entangled together simply.

"agent _____," you said into the phone, furrowing your brows as you nodded. "we're on our way."

you hung up, setting your phone on your bed as you rubbed his back gently.

"we have to go into work," you muttered softly. "and we don't have time to stop at that office of yours, spence."

he let out a small groan as you chuckled to yourself.

"i love you," you told him softly, feeling his hold only tighten on you. "but we have to get to work, honey."

he nodded, sitting up as he pressed a kiss to your lips before letting go and going to get ready.

"spence?" you asked him, flipping over to lay on your to stomach as you watched him walk back over to you from the closet.

"yeah?" he asked.

you smiled sweetly at him.

"i love you," you told him, seeing him smile widely to himself.

"i love you too," he replied before going to get ready but not before he smiled widely to himself once more to where you could see it.