one hundred and forty: knew about love

author's note: cell service isn't great in the mountains so if i update- i have gotten a brief moment of service!!
-

"do you remember when you and reid met?" j.j. asked you as the two of you walked into work together from a previous night out with garcia and prentiss. you nodded, taking off your sunglasses as you stepped off the elevator, but immediately had to put them back on after the light hit them.

"i do, yeah," you replied. "why are you asking?" you asked her sweetly. she smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "did you meet someone, j.j. and not tell us?" you asked in a brief excitement before your hungover headache came back.

j.j. shook her head.

"no, i've only gone on one date with him but i'm just curious to know how well you remember when you and reid met."

you cleared your throat, beginning to walk up to the conference room after morgan nodded the two of you up there.

"well," you began. "i remember that it was a super rainy day and we were in oklahoma for a case about a serial killer. i remember that when i got to the table the first time, i sat by reid but we didn't talk directly. but when we got on the plane, i remember that he sat down across from me while i studied the case and he asked me if i knew about serial killer's psychological issues and i replied with 'not in depth or anything' and then he proceeded to talk for an hour about it."

she smiled, looking down towards her shoes still before looking back up at you.

"how did you know you were in love with him?" she asked you softly. you felt blush come to your cheeks heavily and you thanked your hungover brain for making you wear sunglasses to cover up the majority of the blush.

"well, uh," you began. "he came over to my apartment one night after a long case and we wanted to hang out more after our few first dates. he came over and sat with me on the couch and we were watching something together, some documentary he wanted to see and i was fine with it because i just wanted to be with him. he then proceeded to begin telling me all about the different kinds of jellyfish. and i just kept looking at him and his eyes, the way they sparkled. and i just loved every bit of him and i knew it then. he was so passionate about describing them to me and he felt so proud of himself and my heart just couldn't handle it. i'm not sure when reid felt that he loved me but you could always ask him. he loves sharing about it."

j.j. nodded, taking a seat in her chair as you took a seat in yours. you put your hand to your head.

"when you two were talking about jellyfish?" she asked. you nodded, laughing slightly.

"i know, classic reid, right?" you joked as she nodded.

"i couldn't think of anything less reid."