90

Outside of the Jones' trailer in SunnySide trailer park the tents were still set for late night parties around the fire pit and chairs were still scattered about. When Sweet Pea and Fangs we're heading towards the trailer they noticed a blue tarp draped over one of the chairs.

Sweet Pea walked up to it, pulling the tarp off. What they discovered underneath sent chills through their bodies. Fang's quickly ran to the door beating on it until Jughead answered. "What the hell is going on?" He asked as he pulled it open. "You've gotta see this, Jug." Fangs told him.

Jughead looked up and saw Sweet Pea looking at him with a worried look plastered all over his face. He followed Fangs over to Sweet Pea and when he looked at the chair he saw Joaquin sitting there, dead. "I think someone's trying to send us a message." Sweet Pea snapped.

"Joaquin." Jughead said under his breath as he let out a deep sigh. "Who do you think did it?" Fangs asked. Jughead took his beanie off and turned so his back was to his old friend. He ran his hand through his hair and said, "Uh- I don't know. The Gargoyle gang or Hiram. It could be anyone."

"That symbol on his forehead-"

"Sacrifice." Jughead quickly came to the realization that Joaquin was murdered in place of Archie. It meant that Archie was still alive and like Joaquin said before, it wouldn't be for long. Apparently Jughead's talk with Hiram set him off. "I have to get to Archie. Sweet Pea, Fangs. I need you two to take care of Joaquin's body, okay? I have to go."

They both shook their head as Sweet Pea laid the tarp back over him. "And Sweet Pea?" He called walking over to him. He leaned in close and said, "I trust in you to look after Braxton." And walked away without another word. They watched as Jughead climbed onto his bike and took off out of SunnySide.

While Betty was following her lead on the cause of death of Mr. Doiley and Braxton accompanied Jughead on his mission to question Joaquin; Veroinca was doing her own leg work. She found evidence to prove Archie's innocence and attorney McCoy was able to get him exonerated. She turned La Bonne Nuit into a welcome home party for Archie. As she and Braxton spent the afternoon decorating, Kevin came slowly walking down the stairs.

"Brax, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked looking at her. "Yeah," she told him as she stood up. "V, I'll be right back, okay?"

Kevin lead her up the stairs and into the back supply room. "Kev why are we here?" She asked as she looked around. "Archie is leaving." He told her with a long face.

"He's what?"

"He's not safe in Riverdale. He's skipping town. He's not coming back."

"Well he can't go alone? Is Fred going with him? Or is he going to Mary?"

"No, Brax."

"Well he can't go alone!"

"He's not.. Jughead went with him."

"What, no? He wouldn't, not without saying goodbye?"

Kevin held his cellphone out to her as it started to ring. She took it from his hand, accepted the call, and put it up to her ear, "Hello?" She said, her voice was slightly shaky. "Hey, Brax." She heard Jughead's voice on the other line. "Jughead where the hell are you?" She snapped.

"I can't tell you that."

"Like hell you can't, I'm coming to get you. You and Archie."

"No, I need to get Archie away from Riverdale. It's for his own safety. I just wanted you to know what's going on. I love you, okay? Take care of my old man."

"Jughead-"

"Here's Archie."

"Jug!" She shouted.

"No, it's Archie." His voice now from through the line. "What the hell you guys!" Braxton snapped.