63

Finding love at seventeen isn't uncommon. Most people experience their first love while in high school and they also may experience their first heart break. It isn't planned, it just sorta happens. But that didn't mean Braxton was ready for it again.

Braxton and Sweet Pea didn't contact each other at all on Sunday and come Monday morning she feared that they were still going to be treating each other like strangers.

She had been given her Serpent jacket, but per the agreement she had with her dad she wasn't allowed to wear it during school. A compromise they were both willing to make.

She walked the halls on her way to her locker, hoping that maybe Sweet Pea would be there waiting for her so they could talk. But when she rounded the corner, he was no where in sight. She put in her combination and threw her book bag inside grabbing her history book so she could head to first period.

She walked passed the alcove for the janitors closet and as she did someone reach out and pulled her into the dimly lit room. "What the hell." She said as the door closed. But before she knew it she was wrapped up in Sweet Pea's arms "I'm sorry." He told her as he looked down at her and cupped her cheek. "I reacted and it wasn't the way I should have. I never want you to feel like I'm controlling you ever again." She looked at him and said, "I'm sorry too. I just want to be apart of this." She ran her thumb across the serpent tattoo on his neck.

"And now you finally are. How do you feel?"

"Like a brand new woman." She told him and kissed his lips.

"I have to get going. I just wanted to come see you so I could say sorry."

"Where are you going?"

"Southside high. Serpents are protesting Hirams prison. Jug, Fangs and I will be out all week."

"Be careful?"

"Always, babygirl." He told her as he kissed her lips again. "I love you."

"I love you more." She replied and he pressed his forehead against hers.

During free period, the students running for student council president started their campaigning. Braxton took the seat next to Betty that she saved for her for so they could hear Josie endorse Veronica's campaign . "So, the Seperents are protesting?" Braxton said as she looked over towards Betty. "According to Jug. Said he'll be out there all week." She replied.

"We live in uncertain times, but here's one thing I'm very certain of." Josie said as she took the microphone. "My girl Ronnie here, along with her running mate, Betty Cooper, has my vote to be Riverdale High's next President and Vice President. And of course, we remind everyone, especially the women, to vote and be heard this election."

The crowed bursted out into cheers and applause and Veronica and Josie broke out into song. As they sang the chorus, Ethel Muggs walked in handing out fliers to everyone in the room. Braxton grabbed one and Betty took it from her hand. 

Veronica noticed the commotion of the crowed and couldn't help but grow curious and annoyed. "Okay, what's going on?" She asked as she cut the song. Ethel walked up to her and handed her a flyer herself.